Video but no audio whatsoever

carbondrake

I just downloaded VideoPad today (paid version) and I'm having the same issue, no matter what video files I import. Audio works everywhere else on my system, even within the VideoPad software when checking out the stock sounds. But once I add them to the Timeline and try to play them back, no sound. I can see the track and waveform on the timeline, but it doesn't play.

Could you please check Options->Audio->Playback Device, make sure it is Default Playback Device?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@discoqueen:

Before uploading as Borate suggested, could you please check a few more things:

1. When you imported a video file, can you see the audio track below the video track?
  2. If you can see an audio track, is the audio track has waveform on it or just a straight light.

If the video is imported properly, is should look like this:

j6d3nx99wt.png

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried everything I could with the .avi, but I get the same encoding issues with every encoder I have on the list, however as it is working correctly with the .mpeg now, that's not really an issue for me.

More importantly, even after the updates I'm still getting the blank waveform audio line when I import video clips. If I split the audio and video outside of VideoPad, then import them separately, I have no issues, but importing as a block A/V file doesn't work. After you mentioned the extra blank channel on the file, I figured that this would be a stereo recording issue, but I get the same problem still with files recorded in mono, so there's no real possibility of multiple channels.

Any ideas?

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
On 8/3/2015 at 1:50 AM, c_major said:

Could you please check Options->Audio->Playback Device, make sure it is Default Playback Device?

Hi been following this problem with great interest. You've hit the nail on the head c_major

Had sound issues with the download of this prog myself so went to options as suggested and checked audio setting, located top of prog on RHS

It will most probably be already set on Default playback device, BUT you need to specify which one you want   i.e. Comm headphones or Speakers,  otherwise it will be muted permanently.

BTW on my first try, on selecting headphones, nothing occurred, but go back and click again and you'll be good to go 

Am using VideoPad v6.10    ?

(Posted  09/08/2018)

p.s. Great web site and forum, came across it by chance. 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

6/5/2019 My videopad worked well few a weeks ago but now there is no sound.  None of the previous suggestions worked.  No sound from any audio library files.  Volume is high mute is off.  Tried both Audio options - [direct sound] default playback device
and [direct sound] speaker/headphone(realtek definition audio)

All other audio playing devices on my MS Win10 system work well.  I did not re-install videopad for fear an installation limit my prevent further use.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Obviously, something isn't right.  What version of VP is being used, and is it Windows or Mac?

The best way to diagnose your issue is to be able to run it.  Please share the project and someone will check it out.  It's not difficult...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

• 1 month later...

Sadly, I thought it'd be a good idea to upgrade.... Couldn't find my registration key so I even paid for a new installation. And now I have no sound. I've tried all the fixes above, uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted component files. The files have a flat line in the audio bar but if I open the files in any other program, the audio is there. I'd like a quick fix.... I can't upload without audio..... Just an add on. I separated the video from the audio and went to place it in the audio tab as a separate file and it disappeared. It seems that it's not recognising the audio at all and just puts in a solid flat line as a default because it has to put something.

• 3 weeks later...

Install this version and report back.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If the issue persists, share your project per the linked instructions in my earlier posting.  Someone will be glad to check it out.

Hi

If you can..load a 2-3 minute film to VP that displays this behavior. Goto  Menu/File/Save Portable Project As

Navigate to a suitable destination folder (or select Desktop) and then click Select a folder

VP will save a copy of all the component files as well as a vpj file in a dated folder.

Upload that folder (or all the individual components)  to dropbox or a similar file sharing website, (e.g. Google Drive) Make it public and post the link to it on the forum.

Someone will download the files and reconstruct your project exactly as you have it and take a look for any problems.

Nat

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, borate said:

Install this version and report back...

Still doesn't work. I have my old and new license. The audio files appear with a sandclock at the corner that never goes away. When dragging the audio to the track appears like a solid gray block, no waves, no sound, even with the sound library, i can preview correctly, but when downloading, no sound. 

Its really frustrating. Ive done everything i can

Folks here will be glad to help...

What version of Videopad is being used?   Please share your project, so we can take a look.  It's easy, takes but a few minutes and can be done privately.

Echoing Nat's instructions, above, here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.
Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

6 minutes ago, borate said:

Folks here will be glad to help...

What version of Videopad is being used?   Please share your project, so we can take a look.  It's easy, takes but a few minutes and can be done privately.

Echoing Nat's instructions, above, here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.
Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yjlh94kt5ppwnhe/AAC3_uAHSy78ZZTzO_4pNtkxa?dl=0

here´s a copy of my project. Must say i worked for along time with no issues.

Thank you