A completely black/blank frame in between two different clips

SomePerson

I had placed A LOT of clips in a single video track, and when playing the sequence, there tends to be a completely black/blank frame whenever the video begins playing the next clip, despite none of the clips having a set transition nor being placed apart from each other. Because of the numerous clips added in the project, those blank frames pop up constantly, but does not pop up at EVERY split in between clips.

At first, I thought this would be ignored after exporting the video into a movie/video file, but it seems that those blank frames somehow were included in the video. So what I attempted to do is go back to the project file and group every single clip together, but that doesn't help at all. So I imported the exported video and tried to get rid of those frames by deleting those specific portions. That still didn't fix the problem as the split clips show another blank frame.

OK, so how do I make it so that those blank frames don't exist in my video when I export it? Is this a common problem (that I might have glanced over in the FAQ)?

I experience this 90% of the time when I speed the video up. There's a black frame when the sped-up clip finishes.

@SomePerson:

Which version of VIdeoPad are you using? Have the clips start with a blank frame applied one or more effects?

@Ivan187:

If you get black frame again please share the project files to us and let us have a look.

Best regards,

@SomePerson:

Which version of VIdeoPad are you using? Have the clips start with a blank frame applied one or more effects?

@Ivan187:

If you get black frame again please share the project files to us and let us have a look.

Best regards,

I am using version 3.85, and no, the clips do not have an applied effect that tells them to start nor end with a blank frame if that's what you're saying. In fact, the clips don't even have an effect applied to them at all. The only thing I changed in many of the clips is their clip speed, varying from both speed-ups and slow-downs. I may have the same problem as Ivan187.

Hi all

I have got this to happen as follows.... in version 4.00

Place 2 clips on video Track1.......They play OK with no problems.

They both play OK with no black frames or "black flashes"

Change speed of clip 1 to 200% They still play OK with no black frames.

Now split Clip 1

There is a "black flash" where the split was made in Clip 1. (When played in the preview)

Both parts of Clip 1 remain at 200%

Oddly, stepping through the split area frame by frame, nothing untoward is seen.

Now split Clip2 and make the left hand section speed 200%.

There is another "black flash" where this 200% goes back to 100% at the split.

Exported .avi played in VLC was OK, <_< however.

Could it be just an artifact only visible in the preview and linked to fps and PC rendering speed?

Nat

I can't reproduce the exact problem. However I've found an issue related to speed change when following Nat's steps. The issue has been fixed but I'm not sure if it caused blank frames.

Is it possible to upload a small blank frame project on DropBox or Google Drive? Please PM me the link if you can.

Thanks,

Hi all

I have got this to happen as follows.... in version 4.00

Place 2 clips on video Track1.......They play OK with no problems.

They both play OK with no black frames or "black flashes"

Change speed of clip 1 to 200% They still play OK with no black frames.

Now split Clip 1

There is a "black flash" where the split was made in Clip 1. (When played in the preview)

Both parts of Clip 1 remain at 200%

Oddly, stepping through the split area frame by frame, nothing untoward is seen.

Now split Clip2 and make the left hand section speed 200%.

There is another "black flash" where this 200% goes back to 100% at the split.

Exported .avi played in VLC was OK, <_< however.

Could it be just an artifact only visible in the preview and linked to fps and PC rendering speed?

Nat

Ah, I see! As for your question, I...... don't think so. After exporting the video, the blank frames are included in the video, and they are noticeable, but it can be easily found when played frame-by-frame. I'll see what happens when I attempt to do the same thing in v4.00 while playing it with VLC and Windows Media Player (which I heard wasn't the best option for playing videos).

Hi

I am pretty certain that the "black flash" you see is an artifact and only visible during playback in preview when playing over sections of different speeds. When speeding up a clip VP plays intermediate frames to get the speed increase, or duplicates frames to slow the clip down. To my mind when the preview is played, VP has to "stop" momentarily to reset the rendering of the frames from, say, 200% to 100%. (I presume). During this instant the frame goes black..literally flashes black. It may not be seen in a faster PC...I don't know.

What I can say is that it is not always seen during previewing. I have just repeatedly played over a split set up as described and I don't see it every time. Zooming in and dragging cursor line very small increments (less than the next frame interval of 0.04 sec) shows nothing untoward

I have checked several times to see if there is black frame in the exported version and can't find one. This is with version 4.00.

There was a glitch, I believe with an earlier version that placed a blank black frame at the end of a clip but this problem has been resolved.

Nat