Losing sustain info in midi tracks

HairyPotter

Hi all,

When I record midi direct from my Ensoniq keyboard I get a faithful reproduction of my playing (including all use of the sustain pedal.)

However if I then click "edit clip..." and make changes to the midi track in the midi editor, then when I play it again from the main window the sustain-pedal info has been wiped and I just get the length of the notes as I held them down. The sustained notes are still available if I switch back to edit mode and play it from there (but obviously I can only play a single track in edit mode).

So for instance after I do any small edit, all my arpeggios etc. sound clunky and staccato instead of being held over the time I pressed the sustain pedal. Note that the midi data in the edit window only shows the actual time the key was pressed (say I held a C for one second). But the sustain pedal overrides the ending of the note and it might be audible for 3 seconds. There is no visual data in the midi-edit table to show that the sustain pedal has been pressed so I can't edit sustain back in as far as I know.

But ... even though the sustain data appears to be ignored in the main window, the info is not deleted. I know this because if I save and close the file, when I re-open it it is still possible to hear the sustained version but only if I click play in "edit mode"... But in the main window the sustain info remains lost.

Seems like a bug to me - anyone else experienced this?

Cheers.

• 5 years later...