Express Burn Free.

David49

I have had this problem with several different DVD burning software. We were on a flight with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters with several cameras inside and outside the aircraft to make available for purchase. Our videos consisted of 5 .avi files just under 51 minutes total. There is always music playing in the background and we could talk to the pilot and one another via headset and microphones. The video is burned just fine, and the music track is also good. But the audio track of us talking to the pilot is several seconds out of sync with the people's lips moving. I can see the people talking several seconds before their voice can be heard. Like a badly dubbed foreign language movie. So far Express Burn Free is the very best DVD burner in that it's the first such program I've tried that would auto-play the disk when inserted into the drive.

I'd like to bring the voice track in sync with the video. Does anyone know why this might be happening, and what I can do about it? I have Windows 8.1 running on a HP Omni 27 AIO computer. Thanks.

I'm not entirely sure about the background music, but I believe it to be ok. The microphone audio is out of sync. Lips are moving before we can hear the words. Seems to be several seconds of delay. If I don't make a DVD and just double click the .avi files one at a time so they play with Windows Media Player, all the audio (music and microphone voice) seems to sync perfectly. Voice is only out of sync when I try to convert to a DVD. It's got me scratching my head. No idea what's going on here.

Sure would be nice to have a DVD burning program with sliders to line up the audio to the video. My video is a full 4 seconds ahead of the audio on DVDs. It's perfect when just playing the AVI files. I double click each AVI file, and they come up and run in perfect audio/video sync.There are 5 of them to merge into a DVD. But the 4 second error is there every time I burn those 5 AVI files to a DVD. I've burned 6 coasters with different DVD burning programs. Since the audio/video sync is such a pervasive problem, why doesn't a software engineer come up with this fine tuning sync software? I'd snap it up in a New York minute.

Hey. as you can probably tell, these forums don't always get much action. I should state that I don't have much experience working with video.

Sounds like a strange issue if the files play ok on the original dvd. A burning program couldn't be expected to fix synch problems (nor create them either!)

If you had the original video and audio files you could work on it in a video editing program. I admit to being a bit confused here. sorry

The original media is a USB stick with 5 AVI files on it. Those AVI files play in sync with the sound. But I have to double click each file when the previous one is finished. Burning to a DVD these 5 AVI files produce a disk with the video 4 seconds ahead of the audio. Hope this clarifies my situation. Thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...