Video way out of sync after export

deadby100cuts

Ok I got the program today and started to use it. I FINALLY after fighting with it all day got my video finished. I wrote/recorded a song and made the audio of it, mixed it and stuff, then uploaded the finished song into Videopad and put the video to it. I got everything worked out, the lips synced up, all good, Then I export it. ITS HORRIBLE, I mean its BAD, its almost as if the video itself is playing slower than it did in the preview and thats causing it to be off. I don't know, but this is a mess and I can't figure out how to fix it so the output doesn't screw the video over

Video editing is resource intensive, so this fault could relate to the capabilities of your PC - which you don't mention.

Try different EXPORT formats. Did you export to DVD or to a file on the PC? Are both results the same?

Under OPTIONS|EXPORTS try the "enable lossless video exporting" option, by checking the box. (3.89 version)

@ BORATE

I doubt its my pc, I have a gaming pc and it may not be the best gaming pc ever, but it shouldn't have trouble with this (and didn't in the past when used sony vegas)

Windows 7 64 bit

amd Fx-6300 six-core processor -3.5GHz

8 gig ram (8192 mb to be exact :/)

amd radeon hd 7800 series, total memory 4064 mb

@ C_major

I'm not sure how to packege all the project files together so it will work

To pack project files into one file:

1. Open the project in VideoPad.
  2. From main menu, choose File->Backup Project Files To Folder. It will copy all files including the project (.vjp) file into your specified folder.
  3. Zip the folder into a file.

You can share it on DropBox and PM me the link.

Thanks.

Hi,

If there are too much trouble to upload the project please don't spend too much time on it, that's fine.

I tried these steps to reproduce the problem:

1. Unlink the audio from video.
  2. Save it as a separated sound file.
  3. Change the sound file to a different of sample rate and even a different format.
  4. Import the sound file in, align it up with the video.
  5. Export the project.

Aligning (lip syncing) the audio with the video was difficult, we should do something to make it easier. However I couldn't find any sync. issue and there is no difference compare the exported clip to the sequence preview.

Am I missing something here?

Hi c-major

Synching to the visuals is not particularly easy with VP at present. I have just tried to match a piano part (mp3) to a violin solo What I needed to do (with version 3.89) was to grab the piano Audio track (on audio Track 2) and drag it left or right to match with the violin sound track. However each time the audio was moved (with the Ctrl key), the wave form on the track being moved disappeared leaving a line with no particular peaks visible which meant one had to guess the movement and made the adjustment somewhat hit and miss.

In earlier versions one could grab the waveform peak and pretty well match it to the waveform peak on the upper track.

Is this losing the audio wave line when moving the track normal now?

Nat

Hi Nat,

Was the exported result from v3.89 is same as the preview or out of sync?

However each time the audio was moved (with the Ctrl key), the wave form on the track being moved disappeared leaving a line with no particular peaks visible which meant one had to guess the movement and made the adjustment somewhat hit and miss.

Could you please upload a screen shot?

Thanks.

Hi c-major

The exported avi was fine. I export from 3.79 as version 3.89 has this option inactivated for me, but I am using it for evaluation.

The editing in version 3.79 was as expected...I could grab the audio track and drag it into synch with the audio of the main clip, and although it didn't move along with the cursor, it remained visible and the same size. It moved to the cursor position when released. So it was OK.

In version 3.89, clicking the soundtrack to grab it reduced it virtually to a line, so removing the peak which had been grabbed. (looked like it was instantly zoomed in to a different point in the track) Although you could drag it (apparently) it was not particularly accurate. Also the red cursor line jumped about. (Which may have been due to the fact that both tracks had their speed altered a few percent to make them absolutely the same duration.

Here are two screenshots from 3.89. The first is the normal soundtrack with piano chords on Audio Track 2 visible before clicking and the second shot is the appearence when one of the peaks is clicked prior to dragging

. ojyi3da6xg.jpg

mhdi23078h.jpg

Although the cursor is not shown, this is the Audio track appearence when the track is clicked for grabbhing.

The peaks have disappeared...

Nat

I have the same issue with exported files being totally out of sync, it's very frustrating. I also do not seem to have the option of 'enable lossless video exporting' (it reckons I have v3.72 on my Help/About Videopad). I have Windows 7 on my laptop.

And videopad won't let me put it in one file by File->Backup Project Files To Folder

(It comes up with a message saying the jpeg has failed, the video has failed, the sound file has failed etc so won't do it)

When I originally created the video, I unlinked the original sound from the video, removed it, and added the recorded mixed sound file and spent ages aligning it to sync. I export it (have tried exporting to a variety of formats) and every time it goes from perfect sync on videopad to being out of sync on the exported file.

• 1 month later...

I am using version 3.89 and am having the same issue with the audio/video matching perfectly before I export it. I have tried various formats and ways to export the video but it always ends up where the audio/video don't match up.

I even tried the enable lossless option and it doesn't help.

What can be done to correct this issue I am having?

I tried another video editing software I purchased before purchasing VideoPad and it worked fine, the audio/video is a perfect match before and after exporting.

What needs to be done to make the VideoPad Editor work?

Thank you.

Hi.

I'm having a similar problem. I'm trying to cut very precise parts out of a video (less than half a second) so that I can reorganise them.

There's no audio, so being in sync with that is no problem. I've unlinked and deleted audio.

In the preview window I edit the clip down perfectly using the timer to exactly where I want it to start and finish, then I export it, and the exported video file is of a different part of the original file. Not far off in time (maybe half a second off), but totally the wrong part of the video.

I've updated to pro version 4.0, tried the lossless option, tried different export formats and my computer isn't too bad.

I don't know what else to try. Any ideas?

Windows 7 64 bit

Intel® Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz

ATI Radeon HD 5570 Total graphics memory:2779 MB

4.00 GB RAM

Hi c-major - Sorry, I didn't realise you'd answered.

I'm not reversing the clip. I have tried the clip speeded up and at normal speed and both are the same - what the preview window shows and the exported file are different.

The clip I am trying to take out is only a couple of frames long - 0.74seconds. I use the timer to choose the exact part, export, and I get a totally different piece. I've tried increasing frame rate to the maximum (60) and tried all sorts of file formats to export to. All the same.

Can I send you the .vpj file and the exported file so you can see the difference?

Many thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hello c-major... I am having this same issue.

Preview is perfect. Export, the video is terribly behind. Probably 4-6 seconds behind in cases. I've tried all of the above items suggested, and nothing seems to work. We are using the professional version on a laptop...

Help please? Our production team is wanting this out like yesterday, and I can't get it to export properly.

When played on various Media Players, is the exported file out of sync?

A Video pad test you can make, which may not be practical if you have multiple audio clips...

Right-click each audio clip, then "save audio clip as new file."

Save your project under a new name or incremented #, then replace the audio files with the new (WAV) files.

Any difference on export??

The latest version is 4.05.

State your PC's specs and someone may be able to access whether it is underpowered for resource intensive video editing, which could be the problem.

The video driver might be implicated; check if a later version is available - from the chip or card manufacturer's WEBsite.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I am trying to make a video of my song using your software. For making the video, I have used five overlaid clips of the song and have taken parts of clips from each video. A separate audio file (mixdown of the song) was used for the project. The results the first time were pretty bad with the audio and video way out of sync.

Thinking I made a mistake and the video files may have actually moved accidentally in the process of splitting, I spent a few hours doing the video on videopad from scratch again. I ensured this time that the audio and video were in perfect sync by previewing the project in full screen mode.

However, I have rendered the video twice since then, and each time, the audio and video are way out of sync.

I tried opening the rendered avi file in VLC Media Player. Surprisingly, the audio plays but the video is frozen!

I am using a free version of Videopad downloaded recently so I am assuming I am having the latest version. I also don't think it is a problem of the resources of my computer as I am running other digital audio workstation software without any glitches.

Hope I can get a solution to the problem in this forum. Thanks in advance!

Banjoy

You tacked onto a two-year old thread;  it's best to start anew.  But since we're here, please click FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT.  Zip all the results and upload to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  Make the link public and post it here.  Someone will analyze your project.

Hi Borate,

Have uploaded the zip file to MS Onedrive. Here is the link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsR5h_IV8GVBbhSsBeXNFGh-4m4

Also thought it might be pertinent to let you know that the video is playing slower than the audio in the rendered output. Also, I have opened the rendered video file in videopad and checked it is out of sync, and hence it is not an issue of the windows media player.

Thanks for helping!!

Banjoy