Transfers with Vonage

Guest Greg Pasquariello

Guest Greg Pasquariello

I'm evaluating and would love to use this software, but transfers are not working with Vonage US. I see this is a recurring problem. Does anyone have transfers working with Vonage? If so, how can I make it work?

Incoming calls are answered correctly, transfers play a ringtone, but the transfer never occurs. IVM eventually disconnects.

Thanks for any help!

I'm evaluating and would love to use this software, but transfers are not working with Vonage US.  I see this is a recurring problem.  Does anyone have transfers working with Vonage?  If so, how can I make it work?

Incoming calls are answered correctly, transfers play a ringtone, but the transfer never occurs.  IVM eventually disconnects.

Thanks for any help!

I did get the transfer working with vonage after finding the correct keys to dial. VONAGE shows on the website to dial #90 then the number then # this is correct for a blind transfer but for a warm transfer you have to dial #91 then the number with no # at the end. I also had to add a extra "!" at the end if the call was rejected for the fact if the call is rejected the IVM dials !, which then should disconnect the transfer and switch back to the call but what it does with VONAGE is it puts it in a 3way call which is bad. If you put !!, in the call rejection box this will get rid of this problem by putting the call in 3way and right away taking it out of 3way and back to the caller. Below are the settings I have which have worked with out a problem.

To transfer a blind call !,#90 (Number) #

Confirmed or answer Detect Transfer !,#91 (Number) Leave this box Blank

If the call is accepted dial Leave this box blank

If the call is rejected dial !!,

Guest Greg Pasquariello

It always tries a blind transfer when the attendant answers and the user presses a key. I have it set up correctly (!, #90, number, #) but no joy.

15:17:31 Incoming SIP call

15:17:37 Line 1 17203396763@63.77.214.17 [Answered]

15:17:37 Answering call...

15:17:37 Answered line [1 "Line 1"] call number [26] cid [17203396763@63.77.214.17] did[sip:17202213916@sphone.vopr.vonage.net] drn[0 (0ms)]

15:17:37 Play file: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\OGMs\Sample Start.wav

15:17:38 Caller pressed key [1]

15:17:38 Command - Transfer

15:17:38 Voip Blind Transfer To: xxx-xxx-xxxx

15:17:38 Play system prompt: Ringing

15:17:38 Transferring sip call to: xxx-xxx-xxxx

15:17:43 Play system prompt: Ringing

15:17:47 Play system prompt: Ringing

15:17:51 Play system prompt: Ringing

15:17:56 Play system prompt: Ringing

15:18:00 Play system prompt: Ringing

15:18:04 Play system prompt: Ringing

15:18:06 Error call attempt timed-out.

15:18:06 The server is not replying.

15:18:06 Call has disconnected

15:18:06 Call disconnected

I cannot call out either... wonder if the two things are related? Is there a port I need to open?

15:23:33 Making outbound call to xxx-xxx-xxxx

15:23:33 Initiated sip call to: xxx-xxx-xxxx

15:24:00 Error call attempt timed-out.

15:24:00 The server is not replying.

15:24:00 Call has disconnected

15:24:00 Outbound call xxx-xxx-xxxx not answered

15:24:00 Call disconnected

• 4 weeks later...
I'm evaluating and would love to use this software, but transfers are not working with Vonage US.  I see this is a recurring problem.  Does anyone have transfers working with Vonage?  If so, how can I make it work?

Incoming calls are answered correctly, transfers play a ringtone, but the transfer never occurs.  IVM eventually disconnects.

Thanks for any help!

You need a centrex line functionality to do a transfer - I don't believe any IP based service can provide this. You can test by answering a call from a handset - then do a hookflash - If you don't get a dialtone it cant be done

You need a centrex line functionality to do a transfer - I don't believe any IP based service can provide this. You can test by answering a call from a handset - then do a hookflash - If you don't get a dialtone it cant be done

I downloaded the Vonage Softphone (SFTWARE ONLY) and THAT software allows you to transfer with ease. teh Answering Attendant software lack something in the programing to allow for a transer using thier system. I have written XTEN and asked for help, but I have not recieved a reply

• 6 months later...

Anybody who knows what the transfercode is for an asterisk based provider PBX?

My provider puts my callers "onhold" after the last step of the OGM I think the command that IVS sends is the same that my providers PBX needs to put a line onhold.

Where exactly do you put thouse #90 or #91 in IVM?

And where do you put the ! ! in?

Thanx for replying.