Payments don't show up on invoice

hotelia

Even though I may have multiple payments at different dates, which NEED to be listed with date and method of payment on the final invoice, all that is shown

is "Paid xx.xx"

How do I get all the different payments, or at least the method of payment (credit card or cash...), to show up on the final invoice?

Thanks

Nope, does not change anything by running a statement.

Am I going to have to detail manually the payments in the comments section of the invoice???

Wow, I would have thought this would have been basic...all it needs is to retrieve the info from the payments section!

When I run a statement it lists all the payments made on the account. It lists the date, invoice #, payment or credits, the PO or Reference No., and the amount of each item. At the bottom it lists the total invoices, the total payments, previous balance and current balance.

I just tried running a dummy partial payment on an outstanding invoice. When I did a preview of the invoice, it showed the partial payment, but did not give any details about it. When I did a preview of the statement, it showed the details of the payment and the outstanding balance, just like a statement should. Wouldn't that suffice for your purposes? Or does your customer make multiple purchases and you need to give an invoice for payments toward specific purchases?

Unfortunately EI can be very frustrating to deal with. I've been on the verge of throwing it out the window at times, too. It's a good program, it just has issues that really should be addressed.

What do you mean when you say internal use? I send out these statements to my customers who have outstanding balances. You can put the method of payment in the reference box during the payment process if you need that to show on the statement. Are you using a gateway for credit card payments? If so, that's beyond my experience with EI. We do our cc payments separately from EI. I don't know how they look on the customer's account when done through a gateway.

You can also go into your preferences and change the name of the statement so it says "Final Invoice" or some such thing. But be careful if you use the statement for other uses, too. EI will change the name for every one you print until you change it back to "Statement". If you don't use the statement for anything else, then it's not a problem. This would be done from the host computer. I don't think you can do it from the web access.

I saw your post on the 1 cent problem. I've had to manipulate mine that way, too. We sell products online and in person. The online program automatically bills the customer and gives me the order. When I enter it into EI, I've often had to adjust the price to make it match the online one because of the taxes applied. I have found no way to adjust the rounding factor.

I'm using 3.99 on a Mac.

Sorry to not be more help. I just try to answer these because I found it so very frustrating to post something here and nobody answers.

I noticed you have a hotel business. You have to deal with new customers on everyday basis. I don't think Express Invoice would help much for printing receipts with different payments, if you do not want to deal with statements.

There is another free software called Copper ( http://www.nchsoftware.com/point-of-sale/index.html ), that lets print receipts with different payment methods on it. I think, it's a completely free software, without any trial periods. You can try it. I don't think, it keeps the record of customers though like ExpressInvoice.

Thanks Teri (NCH should hire you for support!)

Internal use: for our own use...not for our guests. I need to print an invoice when the guest checks out.

I have a seperate system for the credit card payments.

The statements look like statements and in no way could be used as customer invoices...

I can't fix the 1 cent problem since I have to show the "without taxes" price on the invoice and then EI automatically calculates the final price. It just doesn't round correctly. I've tried everything so EI is going to have to go.

Have you tried to contact support about the rounding problem to see if there's something you can do to change it? (If you find out there is let me know!)

I have an idea for your invoice problem. You can enter the payment as an added item. I just tried it and it does allow me to enter a negative number in the price box. You could have an item named "payment" and put the type of payment and any other details in the description box. Then enter the negative amount in the price box. It should reflect the actual final amount then. It might work!