Final project will not convert

woodi

I am new to video editing and was trying VideoPad. My final project always ends up as a saved file only about 4.98M when it should be much larger. The video which is created is only 1 frame of the entire original project. I have tried several small test videos and they are fine. I spent a lot of time on the initial project and really was hoping to save it. I've tried several outputs such as avi, flc, mov, mpg and nothing works. Is this just a bad file?

I am new to video editing and was trying VideoPad. My final project always ends up as a saved file only about 4.98M when it should be much larger. The video which is created is only 1 frame of the entire original project. I have tried several small test videos and they are fine. I spent a lot of time on the initial project and really was hoping to save it. I've tried several outputs such as avi, flc, mov, mpg and nothing works. Is this just a bad file?

Perhaps. Have you tried breaking it into smaller parts, and producing those - which may help isolate the area causing the problem?

I finally gave up and redid the project. Works fine now. I think I wanted the first project to work as I am a nubie to this. I did manage to reproduce it much faster the second time. I should have just bit the bullet the first time around, but I thought I was doing something wrong.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

My first Video Edit. Great program easy to use

I purchased Video Pad yesterday.

I have done all the editing I want but only get a 40Kb file on export. When I review the work I only see the opening Frame and it doesn't play... I guess because it is only the opening frame.

I had the Intro Text on the main video track and have now moved all text clips to a separate track, all pictures to another separate track and the man video is on the original track (which I have clipped and move parts around) from when I first added it. Main audio is on the original track and added audio clips are on a separate track.

Still only get a 40kb file out.

What have I done wrong in my editing....ie files won't export if this and this and this exit or ???

Thanks in advance