New pc, can't email invoices.

megseleven

Hi

I bought Express Invoice last September. I did it by downloading the free version then paying for it after a few days rather than purchasing a cd (I have version 3.9). I now have a new pc and downloaded the free version onto that pc. I backed up all my data from the old pc and copied it onto the new pc. So far so good. However, I can't email any invoices. It says "not connecting to the server." Is this because it is the free version? The code I was given last September doesn't work - how do I get a new one? I emailed technical support on Monday 10 August but have not had a reply. Please help, invoicing is becoming a nightmare!

Thank you

Did you try setting an email account in Options or Preferences?

- Go to Options -> Other -> Email Settings...

- I suggest use SMTP to send email directly to the mail server

Set up an account. SMTP mail host and account details are subject to the email provider.

Here is more on this: http://www.nch.com.au/kb/10018.html

- Once done, click OK.

Try sending email and see if it works.

Thanks for your reply. I have tried doing what you suggested several times. I have entered all the details for the email account in email settings and have done so exactly the same as I did on the old pc (which I still have so can have both screens open to make sure I am doing it the same way). When I press ok I get a brief "checking smtp settings" message and then an even briefer message saying "disconnecting from server." I go back into the email settings and all the information I have entered has disappeared.

Please help!