Preview plays in slow motion, audio plays normally.

johnleeke

When I play the selected clip in the preview window the audio plays at normal speed but the video plays in slow motion. The audio ends and the slow video continues.

Why does this happen? How can I fix it? Why doesn't NCH fix it?

You might try first converting the clip to another format, using a program designed for that purpose. What format is it now?

It could help others to analyze the problem if you list your PC's resources here: CPU, memory, video card, etc.

You might try first converting the clip to another format, using a program designed for that purpose. What format is it now?

It could help others to analyze the problem if you list your PC's resources here: CPU, memory, video card, etc.

Hello, Borate.

I had the same problem. And I'm sure that this is the result of my current equipment (Samsung netbook - poor graphics...).

(I'm waiting now for Intel's Skylake processor to buy something new ...)

Hi

Does the clip in question play OK in an external player like VLC or does the sound still lag?

What format is the clip?

You could try converting the clip to, say MPEG2 (which I find works OK since I have a similar problem with the bigger format HD MPEG4 ), or you might try making a reduced sized copy (that is pixel size) with the same name to load to VP which should run faster and then swap the folder contents for the original files when editing is complete for exporting. i.e. create a proxy file. VP will render the bigger format provided the file names and location are the same.

Nat