Version 3.24 crashes during edit and on 99% video exporting

fredbh

Hi everyone!

I was a Windows Movie Maker user until get know about VideoPad.

I think Videpad is quite good for my needs, then I trying it on my new home video projects.

I already did two videos without problems.

I was considering buy for the full version but in my last home video, I'm facing a problem.

VideoPad crash every 30 minutes... On the error description, says about OPENGL32.DLL error...

I tried update my video driver, but its already updateded.

It was hard, but I finish the editing work.

But now, I'm facing a problem while exporting.

It stucks on 99% and then VideoPad frezzes(program "non response").

I'm, exporting a 720p MP4 movie.

I already tried other resolutions, but all of them got stucked on 99%.

Can I get some help?

Thanks.

Bye.

Hi

You may get a reply from NCH if you are lucky. <_< ....... It's a problem mentioned before for some versions of VP. Try downloading 3.29 or later if you can.

http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html

Alternatively, if you want a version that is very similar to WMM but can handle several soundtracks and has more controlable effects and export formats, see if you can find a copy of version 2.41. Unfortunately the vpsetup.exe file you download doesn't state the version it is until you open it.

In the meantime check to see that your exported movie HAS been created in your selected folder, as even though it seems to have stuck at 99% it may have actually rendered OK and VP is stuck trying to tell you so. I have found this has happened to some versions I have.

Nat

Hi National!

Thanks for the anwser!

So... I solved my problem just by removing a 'black blank frame" that I've inserted at the end of the movie...

Just it...

Dont ask me why VP doesnt like this "blank clip"... I''ve inserted it just to get a black screen at the end.

So... I removed it and now it finishes the encoding.

Thank God it was easy...

I'll try install the 3.29 and also I 'll look for this 2.41 version... just to test the stability... because It's sux when VP crashes during editing.

So.. thank you very much!

bye bye

So... I solved my problem just by removing a 'black blank frame" that I've inserted at the end of the movie...I've inserted it just to get a black screen at the end.

It's not necessary to add a blank clip in order to fade to black.

Simply click the small box at the end of the clip (or click the EFFECTS button) and choose CROSSFADE. A screen will appear where you can change the default duration. Click on OK.