MULTI-PART SCORE EDITING (cut/paste)

I am UNSUCCESSFUL at PASTING a measure from SINGLE-PART score INTO it's CORRESPONDING PART in the CONDUCTORS MULTI-PART SCORE. I cannot SELECT an INDIVUDUAL measure (it highlights the measure OF ALL PARTS) and IT just pastes over the 1st (TOPMOST) part. I HAVE Eight (8) Parts and need to make a score for the CONDUCTOR. WHAT am I DOING wrong?

Guest Alex Chapman

Hi,

There is one way you can do this, but it's quite tedious: Notes in a single bar can be selected by clicking on the first note in the bar, then shift-clicking on the last note in the bar. You can then copy and paste these into another bar without overwriting notes on another staff.

Unfortunately the bar-level copy copies all staves of a bar, and so overwrites all staves when pasted. We'll look at how this can be improved in the future.

Alex

Guest Alex Chapman

Another thought about this, for the next time you're creating multi-part piece: First create the conductor's score, with all the parts you want. Next create copies of your master score, and delete all but one part in each copy.

Thanks for the tip, i will try this. Another work around i was attempting to do is to adjust the page format so that as the staff appends to the next line , I would place the next instrument ... until i fit 8 staffs (staves?) on each page (and add a comment for each instrument) ...This is also tedious because the measures do not line up evenly. OTHERWISE, I love this SOFTWARE, it is easy to use and has a wonderful GUI. Thanks for making it available to us.