Version 2.8 Trial length/issues

PaulX

(Questions is actually about version 3.29,sorry) Switched to the Version 3.29 trial recently after having a paid Version 2.41 on my old now broken computer. I made the jump because V 2.41 isn't supported on Windows 8, which my new computer runs. I started using V 3.29 and when I went to save I get a message saying I can't save until I buy the full program. Odd thing is, it let me save before. I'm not sure how long the trial is. I thought it would be at least a week. I've only had the trial program for maybe 15 hours. Can someone tell me if there is a way I can save projects or let me know if the trial of V 3.29 is just extremely short. Thanks.

Hi

It seems that with version 3.29 that when the "trial" period has expired you get a message to say you can either buy the software etc. or you can elect to continue to use it, with the understanding that some features will have become unusable. This usually meant (I am using the past tense here) a reduction in the number of export formats.. but I find in fact that it has come to include the inability to save your work as a project. i.e. the vpj file. This makes the software pretty useless from this point in time.

The expiry period also seemed to be very variable...from a few hours to several days.

If you uninstall the software from the control panel you can reload the original setup.exe file (if you have kept it) and it will run OK again. (At least until the "New" trial period has expired.)

If you have experience in such matters have a look at the HKEY Current User/Software/NCH Software/Videopad

Registration and Settings in the Widows registry.

Nat

In the past, when the trial period ends, an attempt to UNinstall via Control Panel|PROGRAMS AND FEATURES would give an option to revert to the unregistered version. Is that no longer the case?

That done, perhaps saving of project files would then be enabled...

Hi

Interesting...I seem to have Videopad VideoEditor Professional (Unlicenced) Non-Commercial Home use only It says this at the top of the window in the blue bar, but at the bottom left it's just Videopad Editor v 3.29.

The setup.exe file was downloaded from the NCH site as a trial version, but only mentions this when it says the trial period has finished. At the moment, having just reloaded it, it all seems to work OK again and will output in 15 formats, has multiple soundtracks and multiple videotracks...(but for how long? :unsure: )

Nat

Hi Borate

The VP version I loaded 30th March has just now stopped saving the.vpj file. :unsure:

The odd thing is I can still output in all the different formats.

It won't "Save Project" and immediately puts up a frame informing me its a trial version.

Selecting "Save Project As" allows a name to be entered and then puts up the same window.

So the trial period has lasted about 3 days.

I seem to have Videopad VideoEditor Professional (Unlicenced) Non-Commercial Home use only

Nat