I need Help with VideoPad 3.29 Overlays

PaulX

I'm used to using Video pad 2.41 but my computer decided to finally quit on me and I just bought a new one. The new one wont run VP 2.41 since that version doesn't run on Windows 8. So I now I have version 3.29. I've figured everything out besides how PNG format pictures work on the overlay track. In V 2.41 I could drag and drop a PNG picture onto the overlay track and then had the options in the preview box on the right to edit the size of the PNG, add a fade so it faded in and out and didn't just pop up all of a sudden, and I could also make the PNG a complex multi layer PNG in Photoshop with the scale size 1280 x 720 so when I added it to a VP project I could just center it and stretch it to its max size...and it would fit the screen perfectly. I have a project due in about 4 days and I can't complete it until I know how to do all those same things in my new version 3.29 VP. Can someone help me understand how to add the fade effects and also how to set the PNG files so a 1280 x 720 PNG would fit perfectly over the video. It would really be a massive help to me. Thanks.

you can add a fade effect by selecting the image, and clicking the 'transition' tab above the clip preview and selecting 'fade'. This is the simplest way to do so.

if this doesn't work for you, select the clip and go to: video effects- add effect- opacity, and animate the opacity to go down at the end of the image. Overlay the next image or video, and animate the opacity from 0 to 100 at the start.

hope this helps ^_^

LM

Ok thanks Larry. That helped me a lot. I can now fade out of the PNG file though but not fade into it. In V 2.41, if I added a fade on a PNG pic it would fade in and out of the pic. Is there a way to fade into the pic in V 3.29. If not, I can work with just being able to fade out of the PNG pic. Thanks again :)

Is there a way to fade into the pic in V 3.29. If not, I can work with just being able to fade out of the PNG pic?

As Larry mentioned, "set opacity from 0 to 100" - in other words, place the scrubber on the OPACITY keyframe at the start of the clip and set opacity to zero. Create another keyframe slightly later (15-30 ff) and set opacity to 100.

"set opacity from 0 to 100" - in other words, place the scrubber on the OPACITY keyframe at the start of the clip and set opacity to zero. Create another keyframe slightly later (15-30 ff) and set opacity to 100.

Oh ok, that makes sense. Thanks :)