videopad general inquiry

omid70

hi

1st timer here

i have the free version of video pad

1- how do i fade in? i know effect let me put an effect at the end of a clip. but how do i place a fade in at the beginning?

2- when i hit the effects tab there are 2 effects that show up by default all the time "opaicity" and "motion". can i make other effects show up by default, instead of picking from drop down menu all the time?

3- can i make video pad perform an action for multiple clips? example: i have 10 picture i want to place on my timeline. i want each clip to last 3 seconds. instead of changing the duration for each one individualy, can i do it as a group?

thanks in advance

1- how do i fade in? i know effect let me put an effect at the end of a clip. but how do i place a fade in at the beginning?

Click the gold star at the left edge of the clip, to open the effects window. Create a keyframe at the start of the clip, and another slightly to the right of that frame. For the 1st frame, drag the horizontal line down to zero. For the 2nd, drag it up to 100%. OR, click the CUSTOM button and choose "fade in" - which essentially does the same thing.

2- when i hit the effects tab there are 2 effects that show up by default all the time "opaicity" and "motion". can i make other effects show up by default, instead of picking from drop down menu all the time?

Don't think so.

3- can i make video pad perform an action for multiple clips? example: i have 10 picture i want to place on my timeline. i want each clip to last 3 seconds. instead of changing the duration for each one individualy, can i do it as a group?

The length for images (default 3.0) is set under TOOLS|OPTIONS|MEDIA tab. Change it, then drag your clips to the timeline.

These suggestions apply to VP 3.29 and similar versions. For more, click the ? at the upper-righthand corner of the VP window.

Hi

If you want a fade in from black, add a blank black frame at the start of the clip and then click the square at the right end of the blank clip. Select Crossfade.

Borate forgot to mention that the effect you want for the method he suggests is "Opacity". It works well but is best if used when the clip in question is placed on the overlay track (Videotrack 2) as then it will fade in over the main track clip.

Nat