add video file but no preview

brockisit

Hello Everyone

I am new to videopad video editor professional. I started a new project, and added a video, and added it to the timeline, but in all the windows I am not seeing a preview of the video. Can someone please help me? I registered the software and updated it to videopad video editor masters edition, but still no preview. Please any help would be great, or do I need to contact support to fix this?

bye

brockisit

Hi Einstein

I added a AVI file. I don't know how it was produced. Found it on my computer. I went and bought this program at Frys electronics, and looked all over the box for requirements but it says it works with windows xp. I am able to play the file outside of videopad with video and sound.

I haven't tried a jpeg file yet

any help would be great. Does this program work on a 32 bit?

I could always try it on another computer

Hi

VP works fine on 32 bit systems. (Like mine)

As suggested add a couple images to the media list and drag one down and drop it on the timeline. It should preview in both left and right preview panes. If it doesn't then you have a problem with VP, and I suggest you re-install the software.

If the previews work OK then load the second image to the timeline so it follows the first and add a crossfade between them.

Now save (export) the timeline as an .avi video to your PC.

Close VP, restart it and add the new .avi video to the media list. Drag it to the timeline and check it both previews and plays.

If this is OK then VP would seem to be working OK.

The fact that the .avi you initially loaded from your PC (.avi is simply a container for the video) didn't play may mean that it was corrupted or empty (you can check its size) or was wrongly encoded. Try loading another format of video...wmv; mpeg etc.and check they work OK.

Nat

Hi Einstein

You know what is really strange, is videopad works better on my laptop then my main computer. The only difference is the op system and ram: my main computer has windows xp home with 1 gig of ram, where my laptop has windows 7 professional with 4 gigs of ram. I have so many towers around here where is microsoft taking us to next.

I would like to get my main computer to work with it, but if not maybe ill do everything on my laptop. This laptop works great with it

Hi

Getting a bit off topic...However, the more RAM the better. I think you will find that version 3.29 will be pretty dire with only 1 gig. Mine ...

MS Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP2

Intel Core Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20Ghz, 2.0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GS

only has 2 gigs and finds it difficult to cope with this version. It works but is slow....too slow really.

VP 2.41 runs OK though, but cache files and projects differ from the later version.

Nat

Hi

If you have added a normal .jpg image to your media list it should appear in the left hand preview pane. If you have also dragged and dropped it onto the video track it should preview in both panes.

If this is not the case there is something wrong. I can only suggest that you try re-installing the software.

Nat

• 3 months later...

Adding to an old post, because I too have this problem.

I have imported two jpg files, and dropped them into my timeline. The thumbnails are black squares under the imported files tab, the clip preview, the sequence preview and the timeline. I can see the image in the timeline under the clip preview.

I have a reistered version of Videopad Vido Editore Professional v3.29, and have reinstalled this software. The problem remains.

Thanks

Ian

• 5 years later...

Hi

This is a VERY old thread (5 years) ........:o

However, what version of VP are you using; the  latest is 7.24 for Windows 

How are you adding your clips and images and what format are they?

Exactly what are you seeing when the clip/image is loaded to the clip bin or the timeline?

If you don't see a clip preview once you have added it to the clip bin and selected it, there is a problem

The same applies if you drag/drop (or otherwise place) the clip on the timeline and you don't see a clip preview or a sequence preview.

You could try....

Open the file User/AppData/Roaming/NCHSoftware  and delete the folder Components.

When you re-open VP the components folder will be re-downloaded. If any folder had been corrupted it should have been restored. Worth a try. If you still have the same problem, completely uninstall  VP (including program Data) and then reload it from your vpsetup.exe file which you have kept from your original install. You may need to re-enter your registration code.

If that fails to get you back to normal then uninstall it once more  and download the latest version.

https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/versions.html

Nat

Try this version.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Keep your old installer on hand, as Nat suggests.

If this fails, with your project fully loaded on the timeline, click FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT.  Zip the result, upload it to a free server and share a link to the file here.       Full instructions:  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/