Files won't load properly - help!

Praxis

Hi there,

I've never had any trouble in the past with Express Scribe. Until yesterday. I loaded some DSS files and the program wanted me to download a DLL patch, which I did. Files worked ok. Later that day I loaded some more. I noticed when I loaded them that they loaded MEGA fast - way too fast for files of their size. They all showed a duration of 00:00 and no data!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times today but no joy, same thing happens each time.

I'm using Win XP and Word 2000.

Any ideas greatly appreciated - I desperately need the program to work as it's my job and I've got STACKS of work to get through :o

Thanks!

Hi there,

I've never had any trouble in the past with Express Scribe.  Until yesterday.  I loaded some DSS files and the program wanted me to download a DLL patch, which I did.  Files worked ok.  Later that day I loaded some more.  I noticed when I loaded them that they loaded MEGA fast - way too fast for files of their size.  They all showed a duration of 00:00 and no data!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times today but no joy, same thing happens each time.

Any ideas greatly appreciated - I desperately need the program to work as it's my job and I've got STACKS of work to get through  :o

Thanks!

DSS is a proprietary format, not an open standard, and unfortunately some of the newer recorders don't implement DSS in a way that is compatible with Express Scribe. If you have installed the DSS decoder, and have successfully loaded and played DSS files previously after installing the decoder, then it could be that these later files have been recorded in LP mode.

Express Scribe will only support DSS files that have been recorded in SP mode. Follow this issue up with the person sending you the files to see whether or not they have been creating files in LP mode.

• 1 month later...
Guest Rusty

Hi there,

I've never had any trouble in the past with Express Scribe. Until yesterday. I loaded some DSS files and the program wanted me to download a DLL patch, which I did. Files worked ok. Later that day I loaded some more. I noticed when I loaded them that they loaded MEGA fast - way too fast for files of their size. They all showed a duration of 00:00 and no data!

Any ideas greatly appreciated - I desperately need the program to work as it's my job and I've got STACKS of work to get through :o

Thanks!

Guest Guest

I am having the same problem, but with DVS files specifically. I have installed and reinstalled files and Sony plug-in. I am working on Win 98 and have had no trouble with other extensions. What do you suggest? Did you find any new information regarding this problem?

Thanks,

Rusty