out of sync

almag

A simple way, if the audio is exactly the same delay throughout, is to unlink the audio from the video, then move it back until you get the best match. For some reason I find that even if I unlink the audio, I have to move it down a track or the video will still move with it. But the question to me anyway is why the sync is off?

HI,

I have just loaded a 1.2min 356MB .MOV video and the sound is one second delayed. My computer is an AMD 64x2 dule core; 2,721Mhz; 2GB ram. How do i alter the sync please?

Your PC may lack the power to process the file efficiently. Video editing is resource intensive. You might try converting to another audio file type, then laying back the result after unlinking audio/video.

Or simply follow Dougie's suggestion in this thread.

I agree with borate about the computer. Most editors today working with HD footage really won't get by with just 2 gigs of memory and just 2 cores. I had an old eMachines with a set up like that. I changed the memory to 8 gigs (which is about all you can do with those) and it worked okay with Videopad but was still sluggish. Does it play smoothly even though it's out of sync?

• 4 weeks later...

I just tried to open a project I created in Moviemaker 2.6. When I bring it over the video is choppy and audio smooth and running ahead of video. This is consistent with all projects I bring over. Windows audio/video file is file type. What format works without audio video synhc issues? I do not want to have to re-create form scratch. Original format of video was in Sony PMB format and I convert to wmv in PMB program in order to convert to video editor programs. HELP! TU