Anyone in the UK

Flockel

Hi, is there anyone in the UK I can bounce emails with regards this software. Looks like some people have this working a treat and some are struggling (like me) to get to grips with its odd quirks even after a year of using it.

I see that Express Accounts is being sold in the high street in the UK at PCWorld and I’m sure there will be many buying this software or maybe them that do will be having similar issues and inundating the writers.

So anyone with the software performing as it should that could help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am in the UK and have been using the software for around a year. My accountant loves it. I have recommended it to others and they are happy. I should say that my business is very simple and I might not be using many of the more advanced features. The most important feature for me is the web access.

• 1 month later...

I am in Ireland having some problems. I like the web feature as it works very well with a static IP.

Basic problems experienced though - Balance Sheet showing a different balance to the particular account balance i.e, tax collected account balance NIL but balance sheet balance shows a liability value. Also report in excel ignores sums in thousands ? Obviously these are fundamental issues. I am interested in your email suggestion but how do we exchange email addresses in confidence?

Hi

I am also in Ireland. I will be willing to help you out no problem at all. I use a no-ip to map my IP to a web address and it works well so I do not need a static ip from my provider and I have also set up the same set up for other who what the web access you can get a free address mapped to you IP address and just download the No-IP clent software and it will update the IP address to your web address

Tony

Is it possible to use Express Accounts to produce reports for the UK Cash Accounting Scheme for VAT?

It appears that the Express Accounts VAT report works on an accrual accounting basis rather than a Cash accounting basis. The report includes the VAT amounts for invoices that have not been paid.

Is there any way in which the VAT report can be set up to include only the VAT amounts of paid invoices?

Hi,

Can someone help me. I have copper installed and I have Inventoria Stock Manager installed. I create my stock list in the Inventoria and I have sync it with copper that part is fine. But On a refund i cant see the quantity change and it remains the same. So say if i had 5 items.. and i sold one and the very same person returned the item, on copper i would find the item and click refund, but the quanitity doesnt change back to five.. i tried the update now.. some people said leave it for 10 mins or so it updates, that hasnt worked either? any ideas i can bounce of people? many thanks

i tried deleting transactions in copper, will inventoria return quantity back to how many it was before transaction? it is still unchanged...what is somes refunded or returned and item... do you go through copper or inventoria???? HELPPP!!! (sigh)

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

just found this thread and think this would be really good if anyone knows how to use it? I'd be happy to exchange details and try to work it out as I am struggling too. I'm using Express Invoice which is fine, but this isnt as straighforward.

• 2 years later...

Very poor design.....Can't have multiple windows open.......not really geared up for cash transactions......no goods receiving functionality..... not geared up for a hire business...... no flexibility with being able to input vat inclusive and vat exclusive purchase orders.......Horrible software. Would welcome any recommendations for non=web based software that runs on a Mac. Would love to try Sage but its PC only.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am in the UK and have been using the software for around a year. My accountant loves it. I have recommended it to others and they are happy. I should say that my business is very simple and I might not be using many of the more advanced features. The most important feature for me is the web access.

Any chance of getting the name of the accountant??