Express Scribe Pro not functioning well with MAC Maverick

oldfarty

Since updating to Maverick, Express Scribe is having issues with my footpedal, sometimes it is working, sometimes it is not. I have switched footpedals and I am having the same issue. The second footpedal is brand new.

I'm having issues with resizing, and responding to the mouse, hanging up. Are you going to update your software to work with Maverick? I can find no documentation anywhere, and your requirement to have support just to contact you about this problem is rediculous. I realize you want to make money, but I paid for your software. I understand you requiring me to purchase again, but at least offer an update that works with the new version of MAC. This software is needed for my work.

Oh, and when you update (if you do), please tell the world about it. It shouldn't be a secret.

In case you didn't notice, I am frustrated with your software.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm also experiencing problems with Express Scribe and Mavericks. It looks like there's a memory leak in Express Scribe (v 5.5. intel) with OS X 10.9, possibly related to the use of a foot pedal. It takes only an hour before Express Scribe is using over 1 GB of memory, and eventually it crashes. Any updates on this issue?

Edit: this is possibly resolved in the new beta version (5.63). Will test further.

Edit v2: seems to work okay after a couple of hours transcribing with foot pedal. Memory usage stable at about 20 MB.

• 1 month later...

I am having a problem where the program simply won't open -- almost always, as of today. Almost immediately it says "Application Not Responding" before it even so much as recognizes any of its contents. I've tried it with and without the pedal. Very annoying as it's left me stranded in the middle of a big job. I'd download a new version if I were sure this had to do with software corruption and that the same thing wouldn't just happen again, but I'm given to suspect Maverick is at fault since it's been running much more slowly since I downloaded it.