Viewing supplier accounts that have been paid. How

Flockel

How can I view the paid accounts under the supplier in accounts payable.

What does tab 'Payments of Accounts Payable Report' provide? It doesnt seem to do anything. I was hoping it would give a report of accounts paid.

Basically I'm trying to find out who (which supplier) I paid a sum too as shown in the Journal. All I see is the reference number of course along with the word 'payment' in the description, where when looking at receipts I see 'receipt followed by the customers name.

Is this a bug, or something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.

If you pay any outstanding 'Accounts Payable', it should appear in 'Payments of Accounts Payable' report.

It seems you are trying to track a particular payment of a supplier. In latest version, 'Supplier statement' feature may help.

Go to View -> 'Suppliers'. Select the supplier from the list. Right click on the supplier, select 'Statement Preview' from the menu. It should show you all the transactions and payments for the supplier.

Thank you for the reply. Well that’s a second test I’ve done. Eloy (NCH) replied to a personal email with another test by using the ‘view’ and filter supplier and both his test and your test fail to give any info.

If I do your test, and I view a supplier or all suppliers over the last 6 months I get not data display in the window.

More fundamentally, going back to my initial post.

If I display the journal over say the last 6 months, and select all, I see the entries of payments and receipts, but in the description column of the journal, I see the company name of those who have paid us preceeded with the word Receipt, but in any payment I see only the word Payment and no supplier name. If again in journal, I select receipts, I see the all the relevant data and in description I see the company name preceded by the word receipt. But if I select payments tab, I get everything I’d expect to be displayed except that in the description column I’m just seeing the word ‘payment’ but no company/supplier name is displayed.

When I’m entering a payment details I am selecting the appropriate supplier and carrying out the entries correct as far as I can tell. When then paying the account, I’m selecting the appropriate supplier and entering conforming payment, its just that those suppliers are not appearing in any view or report even though the payment amount etc is.

I’m obviously doing something wrong.

I suspect you are using Immediate 'Payment and Purchases' dialog to enter your transactions. Doing this may not track or link to a particular supplier.

1) Try entering 'Accounts payable' first using 'Enter Payable' top toolbar button on Purchases tab,

2) then apply payment using 'Pay Payable' button. This links transactions to a supplier.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for that. I am actually entering the amount as an 'acounts payable' then later going into accounts payable again and bringing up the particular entry and paying it, so I'm not doing an imediate payment.

Interesting that I can bring up the account that has to be paid and in there, there is the account name (supplier) and the amount etc and I can pay it, but in the journal there is no mention at all who the supplier is. Of course in viewing a period or all of the the transactions in accounts payable I dont see any supplier or indeed any monies too, just a blank white window with £0.00 under the amount heading.

So I've concluded from your posts that I should see the suppliers name in any payment report or in any journal view. Clearly I am not,

What could be wrong I ask as this this has always been the case since we started to use Express accounts almost a year ago and even after starting the application from new (empty) several times, the same result.