Bar Code Scanner HELP!

AGPI

Is there anyone who can tell me, step by step, how to get my Motorola LS2208 to communicate with Copper? I tried doing it the "plug and play" way, but it did not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Copper works with barcode scanners in "HID keyboard emulation" mode. Basically, it acts like a second keyboard. The advantage of this is that you don't have to worry about specific drivers.

If you open Notepad or TextEdit, plug in your USB barcode reader, and scan a barcode, you should see it enter the digits if it is working correctly.

You may be able to configure the barcode reader to work in a specific mode by scanning a setup barcode such as the ones in this document on pages 32-38. For your scanner, you would probably choose "HID Keyboard emulation" on page 36, but you might need to experiment with it.

Symbol LS2208 Quick Reference Guide (P/N 72-65651-01 Rev. C)

http://supportcentral.motorolasolutions.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=6565101cpdf&sliceId=&dialogID=572734877&stateId=1%200%20572736053

When you're using Copper, just make sure the Item Code field is selected before you scan a barcode.