Networking and Remote Access for Reflect

awardappliances

I have downloaded Reflect and have started to populate it with our contacts.

I want to know if Reflect can be networked after the program is downloaded to the other users machines.

Also I need to know if I can access Reflect remotely as I will be working away from the office a lot.

Would appreciate any help that can be provided.

Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

If I understand correctly, the only way to have multiple users on different machines is to all link them to my computer where the database is stored, correct?

How is that set up, exactly? I'm not database savvy at all and need a little direction. I went through the help files and there's nothing clear-cut there that I can see on how to do all this stuff.

Thanks, and I apologize if this should be a totally separate post.

Not a problem stevenomg. The way to have multiple users on different machines is just how I described it up above. You will need to go to the Options in Reflect and set up Web Access and Web Accounts. This will allow for multiple users to access Reflect's data from the web interface.

Guest N C H_TM

Would it be possible to install Reflect software on different computers on network and have common database rather than accessing through a web browser.

This feature would be great to have.

At present, the only way for multiple people to use Reflect is through the web access function as explained above.

Guest N C H_TM

Does the web access work when the Reflect program is not running or my computer is off?

I have been trying to set up the web access so that multiple users can modify the database and am having great troubles.

Web access will not work unless the computer where Reflect is installed is running and the program is running in the background. If you close Reflect, be sure to select File on the top menu, then select Exit (Close to Tray), this will keep the program running in the background so that other users can use the web access function.

Guest N C H_TM

I have set up the reflect data base and am having the same trouble as previous individuals, when I try to access it remotely I am getting an error, below is the error and thank you for your help.

document.cookie = 'reflect_sess=sxcgchvim3; path=/';

window.location = 'chooseprofile';

This is most likely due to a setting in the browser you are using for web access. Reflect's web access feature uses some Javascript to function. So in your browser settings be sure that scripting is not disabled. You may have to close and restart your browser after changing that option.

It seems this problem happens more with Internet Explorer.