Accounts Payable payments not applied to Account Pyble acct.

enndee

When I enter an account payable, and then apply payment to any invoice, the payment is credited to the Checking Account but not debited to the Accounts Payable account. Currently there is no account being debited for the payment. I have to "View Journal", find the transaction and manually edit the debit side of the transaction so that "Accounts Payable" is debited. If I didn't do this, then my Accounts Payable account would always show the wrong balance.

My Chart of Accounts is complete but I can't figure out why the system does not debit Accounts Payable for payments made to suppliers. Thanks for your help.

Invoices are for Sales only. For purchases it's a 3 step process:

1) Purchase Order (This step is optional)

- 'Create new purchase order' from 'Purchases' tab. Enter the supplier name and other details. Click 'Record' once done.

2) Accounts Payable

- Then 'enter new accounts payable' from the 'Purchases' tab. Select the Supplier,

- It should open up another window with previously entered purchase orders. Select a desired order.

- It should automatically fill in details for 'Account Allocation' table. You can modify this based on preferences. Hit 'Record' and close the window.

3) Enter payments

- When you pay the supplier, 'enter payments of accounts payable', Select the supplier, enter amount, select bill and record.

Hope this helps :) !