MAC Communication Problems Iventoria/Express Accounts - HELP PLEASE :)

Shop4Tackle

Right I am having a right issue trying to get my programs to communicate. I have the following programs installed on my iMac:

Express Accounts - Version 4.73

Inventoria - Version 3.41

They are both loaded correctly and registered. The issue I have is I can not for the life of me get the two to communicate? I have followed the instructions (what I can find) to the T. I am only using on one computer and not on a separate server or network. I have set the Inventoria Communication key to 12345, I have then set the Inventoria IP address to automatic 192.168.0.4 and the port to 1097 .... I have then copied these setting over on the Express Accounts settings but when ever I ask the program to retrieve locations I get the following:

LOCATION REQUEST FAILED - Server Failed to Accept Incoming Transmission

I have no FIREWALL settings applied

Surely as I am ONLY using the programs on one computer (not networked) then there should be a simpler way to get these two pieces of software communicating .... At present I do not want to set up Cloud Access as I don't need it but I may in the future.

I have also purchased Express Invoice as I was told that this would help all programs communicate .... in a way it does i.e. I can input data in to Inventoria, then import data from Inventoria into Express Invoive, then I can import data from Express Invoice in Express Accounts .... however doing it this way WIPES clean any data stored in Express Accounts??? Which is a total waste of time :(

I have even taken my iMac down to Apple to see if they can get the programs to communicate (without success) .... they say there is nothing wrong with the Mac and its is solely down to a program issue .... so PLEASE NCH .... HELP!!!!!!

Guest N C H_TM

Hi Ian, I noticed that you have filed a support ticket for this issue. I want to let you know that support is still working on this for you and should be in touch shortly. I've sent a message through to them with a link to your above post. Thanks for your patience.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Ive just put in a support ticket too. I want invoice express and inventori to communicate, I managed to get the stock from one to show on the other for teh first time, but when I raise an invoice it doesn't automatically reduce stock on teh inventoria. and when I add stock to the inventoria, it doent automatically add to express invoice. after reading your item, Im worried about transfering data incase I lose what is already in express invoice.

(edit - they are linked and working I think)