Exporting to DVD - encoding freezes

Rich2112

Hi All,

I have an hour long video that I've spent a long time editing together. I'm on my second attempt to export this as a DVD. The encoding process takes time, I understand that well. However, when it gets to the 25:01 mark it pauses and won't move past it. This was the same point of pausing during the first attempt as well.

Any thoughts?

thanks,

Rich

I was having this problem. My problem seemed to be when I edited a clip to have nothing but black video, that edited clip would hold up the exporting process. It works to just remove any completely black clips from the sequence (assuming that is the problem here as well). Might even work to fill them with some kinda picture?

Jason

P.S. - My first post. Woo. :)

Me too - one video sequence gets to 18%, another to 90% consistently before it freezes and I need to restart. It does produce a partial output file, but only partial. I've tried deleting clips at the lime position of the lock-up but continues to hang. have also removed all the audio to try to reduce complexity, but no results....I'm using a very very new computer, bought yesterday, so latest CPU, memory and drivers - do don't think that's it... HELP - any suggestions?

So I fixed the issue. The export had been freezing at the same spot every time. I isolated the clip at that location and first moved it - the export failed/hung at the new %pt of the same clip. So, i deleted the clip and it works fine now. something, undetermined still corrupted that clip. I've not tried reloading it from scratch, but the export is now working.

• 2 months later...

Same problem here on the latest version 3.14 - export stops at a specific clip. As someone suggested, removing that clip eliminates the problem. The only identifiable issue with the clip was that it was a thoroughly dark scene.

Hello,

I was having the same problem. I seems to crash on encoding when you try to match two clips together. If there is black screen, it freezes. However, I seemed to have fixed this by using a transition between the two clips. (I used crossover fade at .2 secs) and it had no problems encoding. Hope this helps