scrolling text attribute

tat_addict69

I am using Videopad Video version 3.12

my problem is i have my video working, i add a text clip at the end of the video and i want to do a scrolling vertical text from bottom to top, however when i select on any scrolling option other then None the text disappears and does not scroll even if i extend the clip as long as 10 mins, but when i place the scrolling back to none it shows the text perfectly fine, am i doing something wrong or is anyone having the same problem would like to have some assistance.

I add a text clip at the end of the video to do a scrolling vertical text from bottom to top, however when I select on any scrolling option other then None the text disappears and does not scroll even if I extend the clip as long as 10 mins, but when I place the scrolling back to none it shows the text perfectly fine.

Here, using version 3.10, when a scroll option is chosen for text at the end of a sequence the text immediately vanishes - until it's played. Then it scrolls. Perhaps 3.10 will perform better for you??

http://tinyurl.com/mh424hm

Hi

I have commented on this effect earlier for version 3.12

On my system (vista 32) the IMAGE containing my text appears correctly in the media list. Dragged to the overlay track over a video sequence with NONE set as the scrolling option the text appears both in the left hand pane and the right hand pane. (cursor set over the overlay)

If the scrolling option is altered the text disappears in ALL the panes and thumbnails including the thumbnail in the media list.

Selecting NONE again it returns!

Might be my PC <_< but I think not.

Nat

Hi

"I think you can't scroll text it self. You need to add it overlay. Then you can scroll it."

The text "image" is the object that is scrolled and is automatically added as an overlay. It works (when it does work :mellow: ) on any of the video tracks. Images and videos can be scrolled using the "Motion" effect.

My comment was that the scrolling effect for Text generally failed to work.

Nat

Hi

"I think you can't scroll text it self. You need to add it overlay. Then you can scroll it."

The text "image" is the object that is scrolled and is automatically added as an overlay. It works (when it does work :mellow: ) on any of the video tracks. Images and videos can be scrolled using the "Motion" effect.

My comment was that the scrolling effect for Text generally failed to work.

Nat

I was using version 2.14 Recently I changed it in to 3.12 I have same question now. When I select text scroll, it disappear it self. If you know how to scroll text could you explain it please. Thanks

Hi

"When I select text scroll, it disappear it self. If you know how to scroll text could you explain it please. Thanks "

This is something that occurs at my end also, however when things do work correctly the following steps are done...

Put your clip or image onto the main video track.

Wait until all the thumbnails etc are displayed.

Left click the "Add Text" button on the toolbar. This will open the "Add New Text Clip" window.

Now left click the white box to obtain a cursor and enter your text. If you wish, you can also fill in the top smaller box with the name of your particular text that you are adding. (Remember you are actually adding an "image" and a name can be useful.)

When finished click the "Add" button. VP will generate an image and place it in the media list under the Image tab and also display it in the left hand preview pane

Note that depending on how long your text lines are the preview might not show all the line.

Now drag and drop your text image to the next free video track (e.g. track 2) Note that the display time for this image will depend on the default value set in "Options" so if it is too short then simply grab the ends of the "image" box...the cursor will change to a double headed arrow....and drag the box out to the length required. Now drag the box to the position required with respect to the main clip and drop it. The yellow rectangle can be used as a guide.

If not already done so, right click the text image (it will highlight blue) so it previews in the left hand preview pane pane against a chequered background.

Beneath this pane is the control panel.

There is a three line box in which you can edit the text if needed (although this has formatting bugs which NCH say are being addressed)

Click the large "T" button to open a further edit window.

Here you can alter the text size so it fits the screen, font, style, alignment and colour etc. The changes will be visible after a slight pause. If the main track red cursor line is placed over the centre of the text box on track 2, the changes should also be seen in the right hand preview pane against the video on track 1.

Below these control boxes is the Scrolling control window with a drop down arrow that gives acces to a list of scrolling actions.

Click the one you require and if all you want is now complete and the preview position etc looks OK click the "Apply" button.

Depending on which effect you choose the left preview pane may not show your text but the preview thumbnails below it should. If there are no thumbnails visible then pull the bottom of the pane down (The five dots)

If you have chosen a scroll option other than "None" and there is NO TEXT visible in any of the thumbnails or the preview screens.. IT IS A BUG!..(IMHO)..You can check this by re-selecting "None" from the scroll list when the text generally reappears in the thumbnails and the preview.

Note that the right hand preview pane will not show your text in any case unless the main red cursor line is placed over the text box on track 2.

However if all is working OK you can now review the scrolling text by playing the clip.

Nat