Latest Stable Version of Videopad?

seashell

Hi Members,

I've been off the forum for a few months and would like to catch up. Is Videopad ver. 2.41 still the most stable version at this point? Or has the newest version replaced 2.41 as far as features that actually work and is stable?

Videopad ver 2.41

Windows 7

Thank you

Hi

Version 2.41 (IMHO) generally runs with the least problems but has been superceded by versions 3.10, 3.11 and 3.12 all of which use multiple videotracks which are overlay tracks and the versions have enhanced videoeffects with motion controls. The multiple tracks means more data is saved to the cache file A lot of other features have also been enhanced

The main difficulties reported have been with the speed of rendering the output video, registering editing changes and regenerating the thumbnails which seems to prevent any edits being done until the changes have been saved. This decidedly slows things down compared with 2.41. Naturally, with slower computers this can cause problems. You will have to either download a version and give it a try yourself or have a good look at items on the forum. It's difficult to say which version of these three is the most consistent as people have reported gliches with all three.

Nat

I've been off the forum for a few months and would like to catch up. Is Videopad ver. 2.41 still the most stable version at this point? Or has the newest version replaced 2.41 as far as features that actually work and is stable?

See Nat's reply. I'd shoot for 3.10 at this juncture. http://download.cnet.com/VideoPad-Video-Editor-Professional/3000-13631_4-10906278.html

I've been wanting to get a copy of the 3.10 trial as I'm having the troubles with 3.12 mentioned above . I tried the site above but it downloaded 3.12 so is a 3.10 trial still available? Thanks!