Express Accounts / Inventoria Integration

Shop4Tackle

Hi everybody, can somebody please help me out with this one PLEASE!!

I bought the Express Accounts and Inventoria package deal as it states and I quote "Integrates with Inventoria to maintain inventory data across all aspects of your business"

But I can't for the life of me work out how to do this? There is nowhere on either program that say import data from Inventoria or vice versa ...... The only thing I have found on Express Accounts is "Import Data from Express Invoice"

It does and you and you have to go to Options - Other - Inverntoria Synchronization Settings ( scroll down when you go to Other and you should see this option)

This is on the latest version of Express accounts 4.72

I will have some Idea how to set it up as I am setting up 4/5 PC with copper (POS) and on the Back Office PC will have copper (setup for back office), Inverntoria and express accounts as well.

I will let you know in a few day or so when I have it all setup and running on how to do it.

I have tried everything :( it keeps coming with a router issue? If I knew it was going to be so complicated I would have saved 200 :( I an no expert on computers, I am a sole trader trying to make my life a bit easier .... why would I need to connect over the internet? I have two programs working on one computer FGS So why the hell does it need TCP/IP anf Router setting and bloody firewalls .... arrgghhhh

Hi Ian,

try and put in 127.0.0.1 as the ip address (its the IP address that is for localhost ie as in local on the pc) it should tell the software that it is local on the pc and stop it from given you problem.

I will have a go at it later on you workshop pc and let you know and if I get it working will post it in how I done it

Hi, it wont let me manually put anything in the Local settings:

I have the Local Port No. then a drop down box with the following options:

Automatic IP (192.168.0.4)

Static IP (192.168.0.4)

Computer Host: imac-a2gh6b

Host FQDN: imac-a2gh6b

Use Public IP: 151.225.191.186

Hi Ian,

I have tryed it here if you do whats below should work

in Inventoria

under web managmet

Local access

set mode to "computer Host" and note the port mine was "1097"

then set the code for inventoria sysnc usnder other-advanced options also this code will be needed for express accounts

now go into express account

go to other- inventoria sysnc options

put in the code you set in inventoria for sysnc options

for address or IP address put in the name which was given beside "computer host" in inventoria

put in the port number noted from invertoria then click retreive locations and should happen quick and the set the location then update now and you should be done.

let me know how you get on. I will try and do out it better if you still don't get it to work.

I forgot to say that you will have to untick and retick the box for allow access (local) you do not need to tick the internet one at all

and I also forgot to say it the local one you need to set only to "Computer host"

try and click on the link beside the local access and see does it open the web interface. if not pm me you mobile number and I will give you a ring and talk you though it. I have no problem in ring you as I am in Ireland and I have also got free international calls

Hi Tony, Well I gave up last night and went to bed very frustrated with this program :( So this morning at 6.30 I get out of bed full of beans thinking today I will crack this, start up the iMac open Inventoria 3.41 head over to preferences, Web Access and hit the Advanced Routing ..... Crash (Signal 10), re open, Crash (Signal 10) send bug report, get message saying there is an update of 3.43, download, drag and drop in to Applications, remove icon from dock, re open through applications Inventoria icon, program opens but it is the same version?? result CRASH (SIGNAL 10)

I am a little bit peeved to say the least ..... I wonder if any one from NCH will give any help and assistance because I am 5 days away from demanding my money back .... shame really as it seems a lot of hype for nothing. And after spending 6 months looking for the right program it looks like I am back to the drawing board :(

So this is what I got after reporting the bug and NO it doesn't work ..... if somebody from NCH is reading this thread please contact me as I want a full refund as your program sucks:

New or Fix Version Available

A new version 3.43 of Inventoria is available which has fixed many reported bugs (probably including this one).

Please download the fix version using this link:

http://www.nchsoftware.com/inventory/invmaci.zip

It is a small download. Just run the file after download and it will install over-the-top.

If the problem persists after you have installed the patch version please resubmit this message using the Help menu of the installed new version.

Hi Ian,

I sorry to hear that anything we tryed did not work out.

I never bothered about the Invertoria program as Express accouts or Express Invoices and there POS program Copper all can track items for sale.

I would send support saying you want your money back as NCH Staff do not be on here much which I think is a pitty as they would learn more about some of the bugs and problems people are having.

• 3 months later...