Application freeze-up

Fran Musto-Drozda

Can anyone help? I use MSRS recording software for court reporting and was wondering if anyone has a problem with typing notes and the application freezes up after an hour or so of first hitting the record button. The recording aspect of it still works, but it won't let me type after a certain point. I have to stop the recording, exit, restart MSRS, hit record button and then it's fine --- maybe. There are times when it freezes up three times in one job.

It's been three weeks since I sent a report to the company, but still haven't heard anything yet. If anyone had this problem and was able to fix it, I would appreciate any info you can give me.

Please email me at mustoreporting@comcast.net

TIA

Guest N C H_TM

Fran Musto-Drozda, I've just checked the support queue and don't see any recent email support requests from your email address. If you reported this using a bug report, please note that you will not receive a response from the developers on a bug report. If you require support please contact the MSRS support team at http://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=MSRS.

More information regarding this- When the lockup occurs, it only affects the note-taking feature. The recording functions continue to operate and the mouse is responsive, but no key entry is displayed in the note taking pane. If Fran clears the notes, key entry is displayed once again. Additionally, when the lockup occcurs, she can select the text in the note taking pane and copy it to another application.

• 9 months later...

Has this been resolved? I was very seriously considering buying the MSRS software but the note-taking system locking up sounds like a VERY SERIOUS glitch to me. The response above of "Additionally, when the lockup occurs, she can select the text in the note taking pane and copy it to another application" is not really a good option when you are sitting in a meeting with a roomful of people. You as the recorder/reporter cannot stop the proceedings in order to go through these gyrations; you want a program that is reliable and won't throw you under the bus. Please advise if this is still an issue.