Transitions Black Out

amanda_m

I have a question about editing clips and transitions. I had 4 clips that I edited/took a segment from and placed them on the sequence bar. I did not place any transitions in because I wanted the final version to run seamlessly. When I previewed it, it did just that, made one seamless video. However, after I saved it into .avi and played that back on my computer, every time there was a "transition" the screen flashed black. This is kind of annoying. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to upload/change something?

I had 4 clips that I edited/took a segment from and placed them on the sequence bar. I did not place any transitions in because I wanted the final version to run seamlessly. When I previewed it, it did just that. However, after I saved it into .avi and played that back on my computer, every time there was a "transition" the screen flashed black.

There's no transition between clips and no gaps? Odd. Visit the video card chip manufacturer's WEB site and see if there's an updated driver available...

http://geforce.com/drivers

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

Download and install. If problems arise, roll back to the prior driver via Control Panel|DEVICE MANAGER|DRIVERS tab.

Hi

Just tried this with v3.12

Clicked the clips on the media list and used the IN/OUT flags and the DOWN arrow to put them onto the timeline with no transitions.

I noticed a tiny delay at each clip join in the preview and in the saved avi (HD-720) an almost imperceptable black "flash"

Checked back on VP and stepped through the track frame by frame. There seemed to be a "black frame" at every join.

I also noticed that the joins on the timeline were actually a noticable thick black line. It wasn't possible to drag the clips closer together.

Adding the clips straight from the media list with no prior cutting gave a similar result although not all joins showed a black "frame"

In 2.41 the joins were sometimes a broader blue line but simple adjustment by dragging the clips together or overlapping them (which is not possible in 3.xx) and they would jump back correctly.

I think this is probably a fault and should be looked at by NCH.....Anybody else notice this?.

Nat

I did not place any transitions in because I wanted the final version to run seamlessly. When I previewed it, it did just that, made one seamless video. However, after I saved it into .avi and played that back on my computer, every time there was a "transition" the screen flashed black.

Not seeing this, using 3.10. Back-to-back uncut clips (no transitions) - whether video, still images or intermixed - flow seemlessly in both sequence preview and finished AVI file. Do hear audio pops at the cut points occasionally.

I double checked and everything is up to date. I made a few more videos to see what would happen, and my results were a random 50-50 for the black fluttering. At least now I know it's the program and not something I'm doing wrong. Thank you everyone for the help!