Randomly priced items.....

jackscolon99

At my business we often price things "on the fly". Meaning, the item doesn't have a pre-assigned price. It's not possible for me to barcode and price the things that I sell. Is there an easy way to manually ring something up without having to go through the whole set up process for a new item? For example, someone brings a "widget" up the counter to pay for it and I just punch in $8.99 for the price and get them their receipt. I hope I explained myself clearly. Thanks.

The "manual Item Entry" requires that you put in item quantity, item code, item description and THEN how much it costs. I don't want to have to enter all of that information in. With the software I had before I could just scan the barcode for "miscellaneous item" and then put in the price, enter and that was it. There has to be someway to ring something up without having to do all of the extra stuff.

No, Copper does not allow that. Express Invoice (which is a paid product) does allow it though. I guess there are limitations with these free products.

- One thing I could suggest is to have your items prices set to its maximum price, and then at the time of entry, just apply discount with 'Adjust Discount' button. Lets say, a widget price is set to $100. But, if you want to sell it in $60, apply 40% discount to it. Discounts on receipts usually have positive effects on customers according to many studies, and businesses apply the strategy all the time.

- Another strategy would be to add multiple barcoded coupons into your Copper (e.g., $5, $10, $20) and ring a coupon barcode during the transaction entries. Again, limitation here is Copper only allows one coupon per transaction.