What is it doing?

Flockel

Apologies I’m addressing (maybe moaning) a few subjects here.

Maybe it’s because I’m not an accountant, which was one reason for purchasing Express accounts, but I do find it hard to understand the intuitiveness of this software. It does seem to work out the figures OK but it would be nice if the Journal showed or had the ability to show who the payments were made to rather than just the transaction.

At the moment we enter the purchases one month after the month of invoice as we pay them, and we set the date one month back (to save having to reselect the month in the option when entering payment). I’ve restarted the whole application from scratch because it’s not clear what the summary at the bottom left hand screen actually refers to as the numbers bears little resemblance to what out balance is. However, when we calculate VAT manually outside Express Accounts, those values agree with what Express Accounts provides.

One other oddity is that when entering a purchase, EA seems to get confused when the VAT has a half penny calculated. Has this been addresses in later software, which I guess to obtain this fix means purchasing the latest version for bug fixes?

Would be nice to have a very basic tutorial for the application that addressed simple tasks so the uninformed can get to grasps as to what is happening behind the scenes.

Thanks in anticipation of any feedback.

P