Retrieval from financial institution

catwoman_il

When I tried to retrieve information from my financial institution, I get an error message that my financial institution won't communicate. The error I get:

"Financial l institution is not working properly

Your financial institution returned an error upon attempting to connect

Signon invalid (ERROR) "

I called my bank to double check on their username and password for the institution. They said it was the same as that for Quicken. If not, then my username and password for signing in to my bank account online. I used Quicken years and years ago (I may have had a different email address at that time; I may have had a different bank name at that time [by bank is changed names three times or more since I started my account]; I know I had a different computer at that time. I don't remember my Quicken sign on or password, and I tried those for my bank account online, and they don't work. Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...

I use Wells Fargo Bank and I can not get the Retrieve from Financial Institution to import anything. All I get is a blank screen. No errors or anything. The popup comes up but no transactions are in there. I know there should be but nothing.

Catwoman - the first step is to confirm the username with your bank and get the password changed to something you know is correct. Each bank is different but in many cases nowadays it is the same username and password that you use to log into your bank accounts online over the Internet. Having the accurate information should at least get you past the signon error. Mruss70 - it could be as simple as setting the last retrieval date under Accounts > View > Edit for whatever account you have setup with online access. By default I think the retrieval date is set to todays date when you setup online access. If there are no transactions found posted from that date forward, you would not get any transactions - I guess an empty transaction list? (although there should be a message - I will have to check with development). Try changing the date to a week or 2 back where you know you have posted transactions. If you don't get additional help from our customers here, please use our formal NCH Technical Support.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I am a new user as well! My banks are Citizens & Chase and I have gotten an error message suggesting that either my password, routing number or login may not be correct. They are entered correctly but I have not been able to retrieve any information form either bank. Would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to be a common problem... also reported in thread entitled FINANCIAL INSTITUTION by user DMEREPAIR (and I replied there too).

For me, this (same) problem is with accounts at both JP Morgan Chase Bank and SunTrust.  Both almost instantly give me the error that my Financial Institution has rejected my logon and my ID or PW must be wrong (they aren't).

I'm a brand new MoneyLine user trying it out as I search for a replacement for my (expiring) Quckn 2017, now that the people at Quckn want to charge me for an ANNUAL subscription fee that is more than I paid for my 2017 version (I suspect there will be a lot of users like me).  I am also a "Personal Use" user (the free ML version with the SETUP file named mlsetupfree.exe), and the software is almost behaving like I need to register something before it will work or unlock the RETRIEVE function to download transactions (pure guess... that's just what it acts like, but probably not the real problem).

If I can't crack this simple problem, ML is of no use to me.  Otherwise, the product LOOKS like it will do everything I need since I never really used most of the complex Quckn functions anyway... I just want a good Check Register program that can download transactions and reconcile my accounts every month.

Edited by QknH8r
specify install filename mlsetupfree.exe

• 10 months later...

I am also a new user to MoneyLine Personal Finance Software trying to get ML to retrieve transactions from my Chase Bank Checking and Savings accounts.  Have you gotten any success or did you find a replacement program that you are using?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am in the same situation as everyone else  (see history)... my bank routing and acct # are correct, as is my password and i get error that Financial Institution is not working properly.  (What does that mean, as I've contacted them and all is accurate as noted here).  Why is it taking NINE years to correct a KNOWN issue, or respond with a fix or that its being worked on.

Is there additional banking information needing to be input somewhere else in the software?  I bank at Scott Credit Union (scu.org).

• 6 months later...