Is there any way to add chapters into my project

cmelega

Hello, is there any way to add chapter to my project? After editing my videos, I would like to add chapters so when played on my DVD player, I can simply skip to the next mark (chapter) that I have defined. Right now I forward on the DVD which is time consuming and not goods for the media. Thanks for any advice, Charlie

After editing my videos, I would like to add chapters so when played on my DVD player, I can simply skip to the next mark (chapter) that I have defined. Right now I forward on the DVD which is time consuming and not goods for the media

That should not hurt the media, as it's a optical process; nothing touches the disk.

From NCH HELP FAQ...

"Yes. Right-click on the timeline and select Set Bookmarks. These bookmarks will be used to create chapters on the burnt movie."

• 8 months later...

Sorry for recussitating an old topic, but it's spot on what I'm asking about.

I am making a DVD, and want to add a bunch of chapters - I want to do something like automatically add a chapter every 45 seconds so I can easily jump ahead and back by this amount of time, then play the sequence after that mark.

Is there a way to do this?

Hi

There is no method (at present) on VP to automatically add chapter reference points at set intervals, but there is nothing to stop you requesting the feature to be incorporated in the next release of VP.

Currently you can only add chapters to the sequence by moving the cursor to the point required and right clicking

Although it would be time consuming, if you want to have a bookmark at fixed intervals, you could set up a blank frame of the required duration equal to the interval you want. Add this to an empty track and use it as a "measuring stick", moving the cursor repeatedly to the end of the frame, adding a bookmark, clicking OK (no name needed) and then moving the clip along to the end of itself and repeating the procedure.

Nat

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

There is no method (at present) on VP to automatically add chapter reference points at set intervals, but there is nothing to stop you requesting the feature to be incorporated in the next release of VP.

Currently you can only add chapters to the sequence by moving the cursor to the point required and right clicking

Although it would be time consuming, if you want to have a bookmark at fixed intervals, you could set up a blank frame of the required duration equal to the interval you want. Add this to an empty track and use it as a "measuring stick", moving the cursor repeatedly to the end of the frame, adding a bookmark, clicking OK (no name needed) and then moving the clip along to the end of itself and repeating the procedure.

Nat

Yikes. That sounds like it would be quite time consuming.

I'll play around. i've just started using the software... since its for a personal project, it's much lower priority than everything else in my life at this time...