Gif clips not playing - v3.04

Jasemana

Hello. I'm new to Video Pad, and am pleased so far. I occasionally use looping gifs in my videos, and I'm disappointed to learn that none of them seem to be working. Am I doing something wrong? Is the .gif format not supported by the software? Do I need a specific codec to make these run? Sorry if the question is redundant, but I searched through the forums/tutorials/FAQ and couldn't find any information about this. Any help is appreciated - thanks!

Hi

Animated gifs will not run in VP. The program will only display the first image. You will need to convert them to avis.

Use a gif frame extractor which will save each frame as a numbered JPG

Use a JPEG to AVI converter to create your avi from the jpegs. They generally allow you to enter frames / second but you normally have to duplicate (or more) your jpegs in the animation to get the speed you require.

Nat

I occasionally use looping gifs in my videos, and I'm disappointed to learn that none of them seem to be working. Is the .gif format not supported by the software?

GIFS won't play in VP (or some other editors). But that doesn't mean that all is lost. They must be deconstructed first. Here's an alternative to Nat's suggested method...

Download the world's most popular FREEware image manipulator, Irfanview, from http://irfanview.com. Double-click the small file to quickly install.

(UNcheck any offers for toolbars and the like.)

Load the GIF. Under the Irfanview OPTIONS menu click on EXTRACT ALL FRAMES, and save to a folder of your choice.

Open VP and load all the frames (clips) to the timeline. Change duration of each clip to about 10 frames. There's your reconstructed GIF in VP.

If you want to repeat the action, first produce it to a file. Then load that file onto the timeline as many times as you wish. Or COPY|PASTE on the timeline.