Troubleshooting for status: no active microphone doesnt work

Floing

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem. Can get the preview to work, but doesn't work with other programs. It stops other programs from using the microphone at all.

Are you by any chance using an Nvidia audio card? There seems to be a bug with them as I was told after a long conversation with the support.

• 1 month later...

Same thing here now too. I brought up sound, set my levels for my mic. I get no active mic and any voice I click on stays the same. I start getting a small bit of feedback/echo so I know the preview is dealing with the mic I have on in SOME way, and when I unclick preview, it goes away. The strange thing is, this all worked BEFORE I HAD to go to sound to set my mic levels. The mic was very low and the sounds worked. It seems like I fixed an OS problem and introduced this problem with Voxal.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I've found a temporary solution that worked for me.

Right click on your default mic, properties, advanced, then just change the default format (Mine was 44100HZ) from what it is to something else. It seems to work after changing it then changing it back. I have to do this every time I open the program though.