Local networking & product updating on client system

episode

• 1 month later...

The latest version does allow to be networked. you need one to be the main one and then all the other will connect to it.

If you can give me a few days I will do a mini how to as in how to network them. I am about to set up 3/4 pcs with copper on them.

• 3 months later...

I am new to Copper - want to install on my server, then have it accessed from 3 computers in the front office. I successfully did this under options => sync aps, but am unclear - the transaction list does not seem synced - are they stored locally on each machine, or all stored on the server machine. All machines did receive the item list, so I know I have them talking to eachother. Also, If I change prices, items - do I need to re-update all attached machines or is it automatic?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

The latest version does allow to be networked. you need one to be the main one and then all the other will connect to it.

If you can give me a few days I will do a mini how to as in how to network them. I am about to set up 3/4 pcs with copper on them.

Dear Sir,

I a earlier post you mentioned that Copper in the latest version waqs able to be run in a networking environment. So 1 central server with multiple workstations (cash registers) connected.

Can you tell me if this is possible?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

David

Hi All,

Did Anybody actually get Copper syncing across a network?

I too have set up a server with an install of copper running as a copper server but nothing seems to sync.

I can test the sync on my client install and it says it can access the server fine under sync apps. But nothing synchronizes.

All I was trying to do was have a central backup offsite so that a supervisor could also monitor the sales and run end of day reports. What am I missing?

Cheers,

Charlie

• 4 months later...

Dear Sir,

I a earlier post you mentioned that Copper in the latest version waqs able to be run in a networking environment. So 1 central server with multiple workstations (cash registers) connected.

Can you tell me if this is possible?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

David

I also would like to know what steps are involved with networking 2-3 machines.

Thanks,

DJ

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi Sir @MCGCS,

I'm just wonder if you were able to setup copper on 1main comp and sub computers? If yes, can you please share how you did it?

I tried all possible setup like sync option, web access and even settings access. I know my computers are in network but the copper are not communicating. Also Im thinking of installing Inventoria to go with copper but im not sure if they will sync since im having a problem setting up copper to work with 2 computers already.  Please need your help.

Thank you.