10 frame rate issue. Playback at tripple speed

King-daddy

My security cameras are recording at 10 Framerate. When I play them in Videopad, they are 3X too fast. When I Save Video and set it at Frame Rate 10, the output video is still 3X too fast.

The filetype of the camera video is .264

How do I handle this problem?

Hi

VP will play your raw movie at around 30fps.even though you recorded it at 10 fps. It will therefore play back about 3x too fast. To correct this.......

Load your camera output to VP. Right click the video track and select to "Change the clip speed". Adjust the playback speed to 30%. It should then run at about the correct rate and can be saved as such.

Note that any sound associated with your clip (which will probably not be the case in this instance,) will also be slowed down, (although if the original soundtrack also played too fast then it should now be OK.)

Nat

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

With version 2.41.

Drag and drop your clip to the sequence line (or add it via the media list).

Right click the clip...It will turn blue meaning it is selected, and a list will appear.

Select (Left click) "Adjust effects"...This will open the Effects Library. (or you can select from the "Effects" tab at the top of the media list window)

In the Effects Library window Left click the "Speed" Option

Now use the slider to get 30% in the speed window.

Once the green status line has run along the sequence, your selected clip will play about the correct speed.

Nat