Inventory management

danicasati

In Inventoria:

-- Open the Options dialog, go to the Other tab, click on Advanced Settings;

-- Check the box marked "Allow Express Invoice, Express Accounts or Copper to synchronize with Inventoria";

-- For the Access Authentication Code, enter an alpha-numeric sequence that is not in use by another business in Inventoria.

In Copper:

-- Open the Options dialog, go to the 'Sync Apps' tab;

-- Check the box marked "Synchronize this installation of Copper as a Client of Inventoria or Copper";

-- Enter the 'Access Authentication Code' being used by the Link-Sync server in Inventoria;

-- Enter the 'Address or IP address of the computer' on which the Inventoria app is running;

-- Enter the 'port number' used by the Inventoria app;

-- Enter a location name used for this business profile (alternatively, click the "Retrieve Locations" button and select the desired location name from the PDL).

Note: Both programs need to be running for syncing to work.

• 2 weeks later...

In Inventoria:

-- Open the Options dialog, go to the Other tab, click on Advanced Settings;

-- Check the box marked "Allow Express Invoice, Express Accounts or Copper to synchronize with Inventoria";

-- For the Access Authentication Code, enter an alpha-numeric sequence that is not in use by another business in Inventoria.

In Copper:

-- Open the Options dialog, go to the 'Sync Apps' tab;

-- Check the box marked "Synchronize this installation of Copper as a Client of Inventoria or Copper";

-- Enter the 'Access Authentication Code' being used by the Link-Sync server in Inventoria;

-- Enter the 'Address or IP address of the computer' on which the Inventoria app is running;

-- Enter the 'port number' used by the Inventoria app;

-- Enter a location name used for this business profile (alternatively, click the "Retrieve Locations" button and select the desired location name from the PDL).

Note: Both programs need to be running for syncing to work.

I am currently testing various situations before bying inventoria to see how the integration works. I have found 2 situations which are problematic. Situation 1: Both applications are in sync and all items comes from Inventoria. If in Copper you select all the items and delete, the next time you select an item for a sale transaction, the tax field is are not recalled from inventoria and reset to default for all items !!!

Situation 2: If an item is added in Copper and used in a sales transaction, Inventoria is not updated.

Any clues on how to fix both situations ?

• 3 weeks later...

I've synced my data from Inventoria to Copper, but haven't fully tested it yet. I do know that there is definitely a one-way communication made when a sale is made in Copper to update the stock in Inventoria. I'm not so sure there is the same instant communication when a sale or invoice is created in Inventoria or when items are modified in Inventoria. I think you may have to go into the Sync Apps tab and press "Update Now" to reflect the Inventoria changes in Copper. I'll keep testing and let ya'll know what I uncover.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...