Reset password on Mac in copper

jeffmt85

Hi I have been trying for the last few days to get into copper on my Mac, I have looked all over the next and all it tells me is how to reset the password for windows and i have uninstalled and re-installed and it has not worked. Can anybody help me please?

Deleting the Copper .app file does not uninstall it properly. I am not familiar with Mac, but I guess there must be a Mac uninstaller that also removes a program's hidden data folder. Google 'Mac uninstaller' to find one. Then, uninstall Copper using the uninstaller. This should delete the Copper's password stored-folder. Please beware that, it possibly also deletes all previous items, transactions and everything related to the uninstalled app.

Thanks, I have used 3 different types of uninstaller's, as well as going into libraries and system preferences deleting everything to do with the program and then restarting and downloading copper again and I just go back to the same problem all usernames and data have gone but the main username is still there and can't get in

I have removed and re installed Copper a couple of times on my Mac and it always requires me to make a new password and user when I have reinstalled it.

To Uninstall I put the application Copper in the trash, then go to User/Library/Application Support/ and move the folder Copper to the trash and the folder NCH Software to the trash. Then go to the Preferences folder in the same Library and move com.nchsoftware.copper.plist to the trash. Empty the trash and it should be gone.

That is everything I could find belonging to NCH on my computer and it seems to work for me... YMMV

Good Luck!

Edit: I use a program called Amnesia and I just tried it and it found all the same files and removed them.... You have to pay attention because it will find everything with "copper" in the file name like copperplate.tt which is a font on my system. After using it I had to reenter the user and password just like it had never been installed...