worked with vista. Won't play with Win8

nakin

When I had Video Pad on my computer with Vista, it worked just fine. I just got a new computer with Windows 8 and downloaded the new version of VideoPad that is compatible with Win8. When I import video clips (taken with my iPhone4), they import just fine. But when I play them either in the viewer or on the timeline, all I get is audio. The video freezes on the first frame and will not play. Audio does fine, however.

Any ideas what is wrong and how I can fix this? I have two projects that I really need to get finished.

Thanks.

This is an absolute joke...I purchased this piece of total rubbish in good faith having used several previous versions without problems, and it will not work on Windows 8 despite their claims. Crashes continually, cross fade doesn't work, no pan and fade, in fact very limited effects and glitches all over the place, and all I get from their 'so called' support is do I want to Beta test another version.

Support NEVER answer any of my questions, at all, and when they do reply they are vague and asking me to make a project to show them what isn't working (cross fade will not work with .mpg, .avi) so pretty basic stuff.

It is a shame that they do not spend as much time testing their products prior to release as they do working on sales pitches designed to sell you more stuff.

Well, once bitten, as they say, as this rubbish is being deleted, put down to yet another internet scam, and I will now purchase some 'proper' video editing software that has been Beta tested before release.

My recommendations is Buyer Beware!

What type of files (their extension) are they?

.mov They were taken with my iPhone. They worked fine in the previous version that I used with Vista. They has just started with I started using the Win8 version.

.mov They were taken with my iPhone. They worked fine in the previous version that I used with Vista. They has just started with I started using the Win8 version.

Put one on a server and list the URL here, if possible. Someone will test it.

It is probable that your new machine doesn't have the required codec. MOV is a container. Different encoders within that wrapper produce different results.

I have two .mov files of identical material here, made with different encoders; one plays in VP 3.04, the other delivers audio only.

First suggestion would be to convert the file to another format and test it again.

Put one on a server and list the URL here, if possible. Someone will test it.

It is probable that your new machine doesn't have the required codec. MOV is a container. Different encoders within that wrapper produce different results.

I have two .mov files of identical material here, made with different encoders; one plays in VP 3.04, the other delivers audio only.

First suggestion would be to convert the file to another format and test it again.

Converted it to avi and it worked. So, do you have a suggestion of what codec I need for my .mov files to play in Video Pad?

Converted it to avi and it worked. So, do you have a suggestion of what codec I need for my .mov files to play in Video Pad?

Looking at it another way, can you use an alternative encoder on your I-Phone? Likely not.