Snapshot help needed

artwin

Hi!

New to VideoPad but have been sucessfully editing an old wedding video. I have a small problem though. I'd like to take a snapshot at time index 0:03:54.7 however whatever I do I get the same snapshot at time index 0:00:03.0 Does anyone know how to change/sort this out please!

Thanks

Hi

You don't say what version of VP you are using. In 2.41 you can drag the red cursor to as near to the value you can as shown in the little window to the right of the camera icon. Now to adjust you click the upper < or > button under the right preview pane. At first this may not enable you to precisely set the frame you want to get a snap of as the increments may be too large. So zoom in using the mouse scroll button and try again. The more you are zoomed in the smaller the incremnts will become. You will eventually find the zoom level that will enable you to pinpoint the required frame. I shall have to load up V3.0x to check it works in the same way.

Nat

...I shall have to load up V3.0x to check it works in the same way.

Does appear to. It may be easiest to use the zoom slider at the left-bottom of the window - to expand the timeline. Then you can < > frame-by-frame, until you pinpoint the exact spot.

It may be easiest to use the zoom slider at the left-bottom of the window - to expand the timeline. Then you can < > frame-by-frame, until you pinpoint the exact spot.

artwin appears to know the exact time of the frame they want. In that case, it would be quicker to click on the current time display under the sequence preview (keyboard short-cut: Shift+G) and type in the desired time. This works in both v2.41 and v3.02.