Moving audio to right or left track?

Dougie

Working with 3.04. I wanted to move some audio in a stereo audio track so it rests mostly on the left channel. Oddly, I noticed for the first time that there is no audio mixer in this editor (or if there is, I can't find it). So no way to minipulate a stereo audio track (and by the way, even if I can hear that it's stereo, all my audio tracks show up as mono on the timeline. Weird, anyway, this would be the first editor I've seen that has no audio control (other then volume).

Or am I missing something?

Working with 3.04. I wanted to move some audio in a stereo audio track so it rests mostly on the left channel. Oddly, I noticed for the first time that there is no audio mixer in this editor (or if there is, I can't find it)...am I missing something?

You're missing something.^

NCI pushes a suite of tools, as you may have noted from the numerous shell extensions (right-click menu items) and shortcuts that they load when VP is installed - a marketing practice that some may find annoying.

Right-click the audio clip (in the media area, not on the timeline) and click "edit outside of VP." That will open Wavepad, where you can choose STEREO PAN from the EFFECTS menu.

Beware when saving! You're dealing with the audio clip file that you imported to VP. Changes will overwrite that file. Use a dupe file for the source, to protect the original.