Using Videopad to sync double system sound.

Dougie

Anyone here using double system sound with digital cameras or DSLR's and then syncing it on Videopad? And have you had any problems getting frame to frame sync with this editor? Methods? Thanks!

Hi Dougie

I have done several videos of my orchestra playing using double soundtracks and double videos. The "roving" video being cut into the main sequence and synched to the main soundtrack. I have had no problem synching these in. I used the fixed camera soundtrack as the main recording. All the inserted clips were muted after synching.I usually just line up the soundtracks by eye having enlarged the sound wave form line, and then play the two tracks together to check there is no echo. Worked OK. I found lining up easier to do in v2.41 since the waveform was easier to see, it wasn't just chopped in half and then turned upside down to produce a "pseudo" dark blue/light blue track as in v3.0x.

Nat

I was thinking that perhaps I could use time code, to.....well, that brings up the question: Does Videopad recognize timecode?

Just basic VITC. Places the code in the vertical interval and is usefull for syncing up multiple camera shots and audio tracks provided they were made using the same sync generator during the shoot. Most pro shoots I've crewed on have used it, particularly at concert shoots. Most major frame accurate editors like Premiere and Avid use it. For an editor, it just reads the code and displays it on the screen (and the more sophiticated editors can generate it). It also allows you to go to a specific frame instantly, and you can make edit decision lists and the have your whole project edited automatically. All probably a little over Videopad's head. I'm retired now and just do video as a hobby, so Videopad not having it is no prpblem. But it sure makes things easier.