Last 8 minutes missing

mr_keith

I have a project with two video clips and three text titles. The project is 34 min. and 8 sec long. It previews fine. When I export as an iso the iso creates successfully and looks fine except it only has 25 minutes of the video. It's not a size issue the iso is only .99 GB and fits easily on a DVD. So does anyone have any ideas?

When I export as an iso the iso creates successfully and looks fine except it only has 25 minutes of the video. It's not a size issue the iso is only .99 GB and fits easily on a DVD.

There's an upper limit of 1GB on each VOB file on a DVD. It sounds like VideoPad is truncating the video at that length instead of starting a new VOB file.

Are you on Windows? Which version of VideoPad are you running?

Thanks Dougie, I'm using the NTFS file system so file sizes are not commonly a problem. I write ISO's all the time with much larger finished sizes than this one. As Guru said it seems to be a videopad problem. As usual I'm under the gun and I'm supposed to deliver 10 copies of the video tomorrow. Damn..it's gonna be a late night.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I've been wrong about some stuff in the past. If you have it saved as a movie (avi, mpg, etc) you might want to pass up on Videopad's iso export and just use the video file to burn on another program. Nero works well, and there are several freebees on the web. From what I've read, there have been some problems with Videopad burning to disks. I've burned some pretty long avi video files to DVD movies using Nero and others with no problems.