Wavepad free edition

Melina

Hi, I have used wavepad free edition for a while now. And suddenly I cant save files any more. It says that I have to have master edition. Other of you that have the same problem? Do I really need to upgrade?

I stand to be corrected, but I think the "free" version is actually a "trial" version, though that is not clear, to me at least, from the NCH website. I think your "free" licence expires and to continue to use the software after the trial period, you must purchase a copy. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am mistaken in this assumption. Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is the exact language on the NCH website (http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html) - emphasis added:

"Get it Free. A free version of WavePad audio editing software is available for non-commercial use only. The free version does not expire and includes most of the features of the normal version. If you are using it at home, you can download the free version here. You can always upgrade to the master's edition at a later time, which has additional effects and features for the serious sound engineer."

I, too, have run into the "can't save" conundrum. WTF?