recording problems

junkkysixx

hello to all !!!

I am new here nad I have just started to use MixPad programe nad I have some problems, it is about recording multiple tracks ,any help would be welcome.

I am recording only guitars for now, and first I recorded a rythm part in one track. Then I went to record some solo in the other track below, but problem is that in the other track I hear both the solo and the rythm part from the first track. It records both first track once again plus solo part and that sound is very terrible.

When I was recording a second track, the red buton (record) on the first track was turned off, and it didn't go well. I can only record the second track when the frist one is on mute, but if I can't here the rythm part below solo it sounds like shit.

I would really apreciate if someone could help me with that .

Thanks!!

Hopefully someone will provide an answer, and we are just missing something easy (and probably obvious) in our settings!

I just did a test and have encountered the same situation. Although I use MixPad often, I haven't done much multi track recording with it, although I would like to.

I seem to remember experimenting with an older version and not having this issue.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...

I must say that I was complaining about Mixpad earlier but I did find the main problem was my inexperience using it. Today I recorded an acoustic guitar on track 1 then cancelled the record button on track 1 and activated the record button on track 2, put the track play indicator back to start then hit record button at the bottom with my headphones plugged into my Focusrite Scarlett. Track 1 played in my headphones and I played along on successfully on track 2. I repeated the process with track three and played a bass line. it all worked, thankfully. I was only able to do this with my headphones, instruments and microphone all running off my Focusrite Scarlett interface. the minute I plug anything other than my Focusrite interface into my laptop usb the whole thing stops working correctly. all I can say is keep the computer clear with only the interface running into and out of the usb socket. I hope that helps. I need to practice with the software for a bit myself to get used to it - I'm only a beginner.