CPU usage becomes 100% while using VideoPad

pa55ion

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just a thought..... Do your video files show as a thumbnail or an icon when you open a folder? I have recently activated the K-Lite codec pack and opted to show all the mpeg files as thumbnails, as it is easier to see which is which. It may be just a coincidence but with a folder full of clips it takes quite a time to to display them and VP just pretty well stops when a couple are loaded and edited. The processor usage now goes up to 100%.

Nat

Suite....

On my system running Vista, this does seem to have been the cause. Having re-set Windows explorer to show only icons instead of thumbnails VP edits the clips with no problems.... Just done a 30 min video with the same clips and there were no stoppages or delays. :)

The problem now is to find a Windows setting that lets me see thumbnails for images but icons for movie files... :angry:

Is there one???

Nat

Suite...

"Is there one???

Well not without messing in the registry it seems, but by unloading the codec pack and then re-running it I can de-select all the video formats so none show as thumbnails, and by un-ticking the Windows explorer setting "Always show icons, never thumbnails" everything is back to normal.

(Just in case anybody has problems like this)

Nat

• 1 month later...