Change clip preview size?

agilebrainz

Newbie question here. Ready to pack this program in because I cannot find a way to make the preview screen any larger in clip preview. screen is maybe 2"x2.5" and far too small to see any detail. Tried using the clip tab but still too small. I've resized as far as it will go; the sequence section of the window is still taking up 1/3 of available space! Am I missing something or do I need to find a new tool? Using VideoPad v3 with Window 7 on a laptop with 1366 x768 resolution.

I am editing clips of action videos; they are shot from a bit of a distance (imagine shooting from the sidelines on a soccer field) but I need to be be able to isolate specific frames and look for detail.

Thanks beforehand.

-Dev

Hi

I still prefer to use use v2.41 but in V3 you can reduce the height of the sequence lines and this will allow you to drag the preview screens a little larger. However most video editing software have small (well, smallish) preview screens.

I assume this is because they have to be able to produce all the editing steps that you have created (e.g. zooms, cuts, fades etc) at a fast enough rate to look correct and to do this the data is quickly compressed. If the preview image was large, the compressed result would be quite blocky. Remember, you are NOT viewing a rendered movie at this stage.

By reducing the size of the preview pane, the compressed data can run correctly and look reasonable. If You view your sequence in Preview mode (using the "Preview" option) you will see your sequence in a much larger window but, as I said, the image (being presumably compressed and so running at a reasonable speed) will be more pixellated.

It seems that the detail you want to monitor is quite small. You could try using Virtual Dub to initially preview and possibly cut your clips as you can view them in a single (or double) window and enlarge this to 100%(or more)

Always worth a try.

Nat